New Hourly Employee Checklist
Student employees must complete all of these forms before they begin working. Some are available online and others are a PDF that will need to be submitted in person.
- Complete the top part of the Texas Law’s Appointment Form (PDF), print it, have the department head or professor complete the bottom half and sign it. This form must be re-submitted each semester prior to starting employment.
If you are a new employee or have not worked for UT in the last year, you will need to complete the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form (PDF). This form and required documents must be completed and turned in within two days of starting employment or Payroll will hold your paycheck.
Once all of these are signed and completed, please return them to Human Resources in JON 5.205.
The remaining forms must also be completed before you can be paid. This can only be done after you have submitted the forms above.
- You should have received an email requesting electronic authorization to conduct a background check. If you have not received the email or completed the background check request, please contact Human Resources in JON 5.205.
- Complete your online Paycheck Profile, including “My Bank Info” and “My Paycheck Distribution.”
- Complete all of the Personal Information sections including:
- Complete the W-4 online at My Paycheck Profile under “My Withholding”.
- Complete the online Ethics Statement.
- Complete the online Veteran Status Form.
- If you are a male, complete the online Selective Service Registration Information.
- As part of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), effective Oct. 1, 2013, uninsured individuals who would like to explore health care options can begin to shop for medical insurance through a newly created Health Insurance Marketplace. Learn more about your options on the UT System website or at www.healtcare.gov.
To be paid:
Please complete an electronic timesheet. When finished, please select “Save and send to Signer”. Electronic hourly and work-study timesheets must be final approved to the law school Accounting office, no later than noon on the 1st and 16th of each month.