Employee Recognition Program
Employee of the Month
The mission of the Employee Recognition Committee (ERC) is to recognize the great work that Texas Law staff contribute to the law school community based on monthly nominations received via our online recognition form. The ERC is responsible for the selection of the Employee of the Month, an award presented to a law school employee who has exemplified and exhibited expertise, dedication, continuous hard work by streamlining processes and/or going above and beyond by expanding services to the law school and Law Library.
Monthly Employee Recognition Selection
- All Texas Law faculty and staff may nominate eligible staff members via the online recognition form at any time.
- Eligible for Nominations:
- School of Law and Law Library employees
- Full-time employees
- Classified and A&P employees
- Faculty members are not eligible
- The Director of Human Resources at Texas Law will forward all eligible nominations to each Committee member the day before/of their meeting at the end of the month.
Employee of the Year
The Texas Law Employee Recognition Program recognizes full-time staff members who make exceptional contributions to the University of Texas School of Law. All employees of the law school community are encouraged to nominate full-time staff members who deserve this special acknowledgment. The Employee of the Year recipient will receive a monetary award of $1,000 (pre-withholding), three (3) days of administrative leave, and an award plaque.
In 2015 the Texas Law Employee Recognition Program established an Honorable Mention Employee of the Year award. The Honorable mention recipient will receive a monetary award of $500.00 (pre-withholding).
Texas Law recognizes outstanding full-time staff members who excel in or go beyond the call of duty. Nominations may be made by all Texas Law employees. Nominees must be full-time Classified and A&P employees of the law school.
The Employee of the Year Award recognizes the exceptional contributions that full-time staff make to the School of Law’s success. The Employee Recognition Committee will score the following criteria for the Employee of the Year Award:
- Demonstrates one or more core principles of the School of Law.
- Significantly improves a work process or efficiency at the School of Law.
- Performs at a level above and beyond normal job requirements.
- Past employee of the month nominations (if any).
To nominate someone for Employee of the Year, visit the Law School Staff Recognition page.
If you have any questions, please contact the Employee Recognition Program at TexasLawEmployeeRecognitionCommittee@law.utexas.edu.