The University of Texas School of Law is dedicated to the professional training of future lawyers, to the deeper understanding of law and legal institutions, and to the improved administration of justice. Texas Law seeks to advance these objectives through excellence in teaching, scholarship, and public service.
Texas Law has established learning outcomes for students that include, at a minimum, competency in the following:
- Knowledge and understanding of substantive and procedural law;
- Legal analysis and reasoning, legal research, and problem-solving;
- Written and oral communication in the legal context;
- Exercise of proper professional and ethical responsibilities to clients and the legal system; and
- Professional self-development.