ABA Business Law Section’s Committee Associate Program (CAP) Now Accepting Applications
American Bar Association Business Law Section
Committee Associate Program (CAP)
The ABA Business Law Section’s Committee Associate Program is a mutually beneficial relationship that provides additional help to Committees for their substantive and administrative projects while giving law students transferrable hands-on experience.
The Committee Associate is a formal position recognized by the ABA Business Law Section. Law students selected for the program will be placed with a Committee for at least three months and will be given hands-on Committee work during that time.
Committee leaders will assign specific work to the Associate, which may include:
- Drafting articles and whitepapers
- Helping to coordinate materials and speakers for CLE programs
- Engaging in research for special projects
- Assisting with the Committee newsletter
- Helping to coordinate non-CLE webinars
- Updating and improving the Committee webpage and social media
- Creating podcasts
- Forming and executing Committee surveys
Other work may be available, depending on the needs of the Committees.
Applications are collected on a rolling basis and placements will be made throughout the year, for a period of three or more months at a time. To apply you must provide:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The number of hours you can dedicate to CAP per week
- A 250-500 word statement of interest in CAP and business law
Please send all materials to Lauren Shores at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, you may also reach her at 312-988-6398.