Texas Connects: California, New York, and D.C. (Private Sector)
In preparation for January OCI, we are hosting this virtual informational interview event. Firms with offices in the following cities will have an opportunity for one-on-one, 10-minute virtual informational interviews with those seeking to learn more about your legal market and organization.
- California Firms | Wednesday, Oct. 21, from 5:00-8:00 p.m. (Central ) / 3:00-6:00 p.m. (Pacific)
- Washington, D.C. Firms | Wednesday, Oct. 21, from 4:00-7:00 p.m. (Central ) / 5:00-8:00 p.m. (Eastern)
- New York Firms | Thursday, Oct. 22, from 4:00-7:00 p.m. (Central) / 5:00-8:00 p.m. (Eastern)
- Event Date:
- Oct. 21-22, 2020; see times
Texas Connects serves as a chance for 2Ls to connect via 10-minute informational interviews in a virtual environment with participating law firms in California, New York, or Washington, D.C.
How to Schedule an Informational Interview
(Update) Scheduling has been extended until noon on Thursday, October 15, 2020. All informational interviews are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Log in to Symplicity.
- You must first upload a resume to Symplicity under the [Documents] tab before scheduling an informational interview. Be sure it is your default resume.
- Click [Interview Programs] and then select [ Texas Connects: (City of Interest) ] from the [Session] drop-down menu.
- Click the “Review” button (ignore the “Apply” button) to review complete information about an employer and to schedule.
- Select the date box (example: October 21 or 22) under [Interview Dates] to view the list of available interview slots.
- If no date box appears, then all informational interview slots have been taken for that employer.
- Select your informational chat time and click on the [Signup] button to ensure your informational interview slot is reserved. Please note that your default resume will automatically be attached.
- You will then be redirected to the [Scheduled Interviews] tab where you can view your scheduled informational interview. This will show that you have successfully scheduled a 10-minute informational interview for that employer.
- Conduct your virtual informational interviews in a place that is quiet and free from distractions to give your full attention to the interviewer. Turn off phone and computer notifications to avoid distractions.
- Flo Recruit does not allow for virtual backgrounds, so make sure your background is neat and not distracting. Try to keep the environment as professional as possible to mimic the setting of an in-person meeting.
- Make sure you have adequate lighting by placing a lamp in front of you.
- Remember to smile!
To review the complete information about an employer including participating attorneys (if available), click on the [Review] button next to the employer’s name.
- Scheduling Begins:
- October 05, 2020, 12:00 PM CT
- Scheduling Ends:
- October 13, 2020, 12:00 PM CT
Texas Connects serves as a chance for you to connect with our Texas Law 2Ls, 3Ls, and LL.M.s in a virtual environment via informational chats that will be 10-minutes in length. Students will submit their resumes and schedule their informational chats online. In addition, employers will be able to view student resumes prior to the event. There is no cost to participate.
If you are currently hiring for summer and/or postgraduate positions, you may post to our job bank on Symplicity.
How To Register
- Log into Symplicity. Your username is your complete email address.
- Select [ Interview Programs ] and then [ Schedule Request ].
- Click [ Request a Schedule ]
- From the [ Sessions ] drop-down menu, select the appropriate [ Texas Connects: City 2020 ] for your location.
- Complete the form and select “10 minutes” as the informational chat length.
- Please be sure to add your attendee names in the [ Interviewer Name ] field, if available. The deadline to submit attendee names is Friday, October 16, 2020.
- Remember, students will only be submitting their resumes for this program.
- If you are unavailable for the entire duration of the event for your respective city, you may denote your available timeframe in the [ Special Instructions ] text box. Please note that times on Symplicity reflect Central time.
- Click the [ Submit ] button.
Once you register on Symplicity, we will follow up with further instructions about the virtual event.
About Flo Recruit
- Review Flo Recruit’s Employer Guide (PDF)
- Watch Flo Recruit’s Virtual Training for Employers (58:31 minutes)
- Utilize the test call feature on Flo Recruit
If you have any questions, please contact Tim Morales at 512-232-1152 or email@example.com.
- Registration Opens:
- September 16, 2020, 12:00 PM CT
- Registration Closes:
- September 30, 2020, 12:00 PM CT