Holland & Hart / The Anschutz Corporation / Las Vegas Raiders / Duke Energy 1L Diversity Summer Experience
Holland & Hart is partnering with its clients, The Anschutz Corporation (Anschutz), Las Vegas Raiders (Raiders), and Duke Energy (Duke) to offer three 1L students exposure to the business side of law working on a client team at a law firm. As a member of a multi-disciplinary client team, you’ll work with attorneys at Holland & Hart and with the client’s in-house legal team. This unique program allows law students who have completed one year of law school the opportunity to experience how lawyering works in the real world from two perspectives.
Holland & Hart, Anschutz, Raiders, and Duke share a longstanding commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, recognizing the strength of talent and breadth of perspective that comes from including a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences in our workforces. We established the Diverse 1L Summer Experience Program in support of this commitment to creating the opportunity for early-stage career exposure for diverse students:
- The Anschutz Corporation Team (H&H’s Denver Office): Projects will include commercial contracts, energy project development and finance, and intellectual property transactions.
- Las Vegas Raiders Team (H&H’s Denver or Las Vegas Office): Projects will include commercial contracts, sponsorship, and marketing agreements, team legal projects, intellectual property projects, human resources legal support, and administrative law.
- Duke Energy Team (H&H’s Denver Office): Projects will include commercial contracts, energy project development and finance, as well as litigation, regulatory compliance, and human resources legal support.
We are looking for a balance of intellectual capability and effective interpersonal skills. We seek a well-rounded individual who displays motivation, maturity, creativity, and independence. Academic performance is also important.
Resume, unofficial transcripts, and Personal Statement (see guidelines below). Please apply by March 19, 2021 at https://www.hollandhart.com/law-students-how-to-apply. You’ll see a link in the First-Year Law Students section.
If you have any questions about your Personal Statement or any other aspect of the application process, please contact Misae Nishikura, Holland & Hart Director of Recruitment & Professional Development at email@example.com.
Personal Statement Guidelines
Your Personal Statement will assist the Selection Committee in learning about you. Length: Three double-spaced, typewritten pages, not to exceed 750 words. Please include your name on each page.
In the first paragraph, please indicate:
- Name the company programs to which you are applying (you may apply to one, two, or all three programs);
- If you apply to the Las Vegas Raiders Team, indicate your preferred H&H office (Denver or Las Vegas; if you have no preference, please indicate so).
Starting in the second paragraph, please incorporate responses to at least three of the following questions. You may organize your responses and thoughts in any order that best communicates your message, but your statement should be in the form of an essay.
- Why do you wish to participate in this program?
- How would your employment support the diversity, equity, and inclusiveness goals of our firm and our clients?
- Why have you chosen a career in the legal profession?
- How have you demonstrated a commitment to your community (either as an undergraduate, in law school, or in community activities)?
- What are your short- and long-term career goals?
Holland & Hart, The Anschutz Corporation, Las Vegas Raiders, and Duke Energy are equal opportunity employers.
- March 19, 2021
- Denver, CO or Las Vegas, NV