In addition to general training activities open to the public, the Center also provides customized trainings for agencies and special initiatives.
- Beyond Basic Mediation
- Public Policy Dispute Resolution
- Fellows Training: Managing Complex Public Policy Disputes
- Group Facilitation Workshop
- Advanced Facilitation Training: Techniques and Activities
- System Design for Complex Organizations
- Getting Started With Negotiated Rulemaking in Texas
- Being Present at the Table: Public Interest Groups & Public Policy ADR
- Handling Ethical Issues in Public & Private Mediation
- Employee Grievance Working Group: System Design
- ADR Working Groups in the Federal Sector: System Design
- Design of Assessment Tools & Reporting Systems
Center Fellows receive advanced training in complex, public policy dispute resolution and learn about the Center and its activities. Participants in special programs such as the Center’s Employee Grievance/Dispute Resolution Working Group were instructed in the design, implementation, and the use of effective alternative dispute resolution systems. Child Support Enforcement Officers at the Texas Office of Attorney General requested a two-day training program to reinforce basic mediation skills and focus on specific new conflict management skills needed in the Child Support Review process. The Center has also provided specialized training for Oil Spill Response Team members at the request of the General Land Office.
For information on customized trainings, please contact Vicki Read at (512) 471-3507.