Lisa Genecov is the Head of Healthcare Transactional, Dallas for Norton Rose Fulbright. With 30 years of experience, she has built a practice focused on providing legal services to the health care industry. She devotes her practice to the regulatory, business, corporate, governance, compliance, M&A and transactional aspects of health care law.
She advises clients on transaction structures, implementation matters, compliance obligations and strategic opportunities under the Affordable Care Act and related healthcare laws and regulations. She also regularly advises the boards of health care entities on governance issues.
Lisa counsels various hospitals and health systems, medical groups and other health care providers in both regulatory matters as well as business transactions, including: acquisitions and divestitures of hospitals, ancillary service lines and medical practices; co-management and service line management arrangements; the development and formation of accountable care organizations, clinically integrated networks and physician/hospital/payor alignment strategies; physician and hospital contracting, physician employment and recruitment issues; physician practice management and management services agreements; corporate practice of medicine and fee splitting issues; as well as advising on fraud and abuse and Stark Law compliance, tax-exempt and antitrust issues, and licensure and CHOW matters.
Lisa has been recognized and included for many years in the prestigious Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business rankings for health lawyers, as well as the Best Lawyers in America for Health Care, Texas Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in Dallas, and was the only private law firm lawyer selected by the Dallas Business Journal for inclusion in its 2013 “Who’s Who in Health Care” edition.
- Partner, Locke Lord LLP
- Chair, Firm Health Care Practice Group
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- Co-Founder, Center for Women in Law at the University of Texas School of Law
- Recipient, 2012 William B. Finkelstein Cardozo Society Member of the Year Award from the Jewish Federation of Greater Dallas
- Named, DFW Who’s Who in Health Care by Dallas Business Journal (2013)
- D Magazine, Best Lawyer in Dallas, Health Law (2012-2013)
- Named, Texas Super Lawyer, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Named, Chambers USA Client’s Guide of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Healthcare) (2010-2013)
- Five Star Rating, Outstanding Health Care Industry Knowledge, Association of Corporate Counsel
- Life Member, National Registry of Who’s Who (2001)
- Named, The Best Lawyers in America, Health Care (2013-2014)
- Member, American Bar Association, Health Law and Business Law Sections
- Chair, Coordinating Committee on Diversity, Health Law Section
- Vice Chair, Emerging Issues in Health Care Law Planning Committee
- Past Chair of the Editorial Board of the e-Source, the electronic newsletter for the ABA Health Law Section
- Past Chair, American Bar Association, Business and Transactions Interest Group, Health Law Section
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Member, American Health Lawyers Assocation
- Member, Texas Bar Association, Health Law and Business Law Sections
- Member, Dallas Bar Association, Health Law and Corporate Sections
- Member, Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Healthcare Industry Foundation