The Center for Women in Law has had tremendous impact since its launch in 2009. After more than a decade of success built on the commitment of its Founders and Power Circle Members, we developed a plan to guide the Center’s future. This Strategic Plan was developed from extensive input from the Center’s stakeholders and audience. It clarifies our Mission, Vision, and Core Values, and it articulates the key objectives that will guide our initiatives and programs. The Plan captures the ideals of those committed to the Center’s success. It invites all who share our Mission to join in our efforts.
The Center for Women in Law is a national resource and champion for women lawyers, generating lasting change within the legal profession.
The legal profession exemplifies equity and justice for all.
- Integrity. We are driven to uphold the highest standards of our profession.
- Inclusion. Equity motivates our work, and equity will eliminate social injustices.
- Information. Information is power. We believe in empowering and educating women attorneys with the tools to advance their careers.
- Influence. Powerful women advocate for equity and address biases and stereotypes. Our influence will change the profession.
- Investment. We are committed to investing in future generations of women lawyers.
We achieve the Center’s mission by convening leaders, generating ideas, and leading change.
- We are an impetus for systemic change in the legal profession.
- We support multiple paths to success for women pursuing legal careers at all levels.
- We empower and encourage women lawyers to confidently build, navigate, and advance their careers.
- We celebrate the strength of individuals and the power of community to change the legal field.
- We build relationships and networks to support women lawyers, because we are stronger together.
- We cultivate a pipeline of advocates.
The Center will measure its overall impact by assessing metrics tied to its core values.
While each program will have its own metrics for success, it is important to keep our sights on the Center’s priorities and strategic objectives.
To measure the Center’s overall progress, we will measure these key indicators that reflect our core values, engagement, and impact:
- The Center will track and advance important measures of success in the legal profession.
- With humility, we recognize that our vision will not be realized by our actions alone.
- Do our participants reflect the diversity of our profession and our society?
- Do we have adequate outreach to stakeholders?
- Do our participants come from different practices and careers, different backgrounds, and different geographic areas?
- Is the Center engaging with an increasing number of participants?
- Are participants continuing to interact with the Center over the course of their careers?
- After engaging with the Center, do our participants report an increased commitment to our mission?
- Are they more equipped to advance their careers?
- Do they take action to support our vision for a just and equitable legal profession?
- Do Center participants give back to support our mission?
- Do they become donors, mentors, and advocates?
To advance our strategic objectives, the Center will undertake a number of initiatives to increase engagement and advance our Mission:
- Increase outreach to all stakeholders.
- Create new programming aimed at mid-career professionals.
- Develop programming to highlight multiple career pathways and successful role models.
- Deepen partnerships to amplify our impact.
- Develop and maintain robust database to enhance network of supporters.
- Create new opportunities for giving and volunteering.
The Center for Women in Law is a national resource and champion for women lawyers, generating lasting change within the legal profession. We are committed to a legal profession that genuinely embraces equity and justice for all. Integrity, inclusion, information, influence, and investment breathe life into our mission and are the guiding principles that formulate our strategic objectives and ongoing work plan. We use our strategic objectives to prioritize the work we do and the programs we offer.
We invite you to join us in our mission.