Alexandra W. Albright
- Senior Lecturer
- JD University of Texas at Austin
- BA The University of the South
Areas of Specialty
Alex Wilson Albright is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Texas School of Law, where she teaches first-year Civil Procedure and Texas Civil Procedure. She is also the Faculty Advisor for the Law School's Judicial Clerkship Program.
Professor Albright is a member of the American Law Institute, and Vice-Chair of the Texas Pattern Jury Charge Oversight Committee. She has been a member of the Texas Supreme Court Advisory Committee on Court Rules since 1993, and played a key role in redrafting the discovery rules that went into effect in January 1999. She was presented a Presidential Citation by the State Bar of Texas in 2008 for her service as Reporter to the Task Force on Court Administration. She is the author of a casebook, Texas Courts: A Survey and a co-author of the Handbook on Texas Discovery Practice, part of West's Texas Practice Series. She has written several articles on Texas civil procedure issues, and is a frequent CLE speaker.
Professor Albright is an honors graduate of the University of the South: Sewanee and the University of Texas School of Law. She was a law clerk for Judge Thomas M. Reavley of the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals, then an associate, and a partner at the firm of Thompson & Knight in Dallas, Texas, where she had a general civil trial and appellate practice. She is currently of counsel with the appellate firm of Alexander, Dubose, Jefferson & Townsend. She is an active community volunteer, cyclist, and traveler, with her husband, Clint Parsley, and their five grown children.
- Calling the Appellate Cavalry [Symposium: Preparing for Appeal: New Challenges], 76 The Advocate 48 (2016) (with Susan Vance).
- Strategic Venue [Symposium: Motion Practice], 72 The Advocate 8 (2015) (with Eleanor Ruffner).
- Texas Courts: A Survey: Cases & Materials (Dallas: Imprimatur Press, 2014-2015 ed. 2014; 2013-2014 ed. 2013; 2012-2013 ed. 2012; 2011-2012 ed. 2011; 2010-2011 ed. 2010; 2009-2010 ed. 2009; 2nd ed. 2006; Carollton, Tex: Imprimatur Press, 1st ed. 2005).
November 16, 2014
Appellate Judges Education Institute
Pennoyer Strikes Back: Personal Jurisdiction in the Global Age
Page Keeton Products Liability & Personal Injury Conference