George E. Dix
- George R. Killam, Jr. Chair of Criminal Law
- JD University of Wisconsin-Madison
- BA University of Wisconsin-Madison
Well-known for his articles on criminal procedure, Professor Dix's teaching and research interests also include criminal law and law and psychiatry. He is co-author of Texas Criminal Practice and Procedure (West, 3rd ed., 2011), Criminal Law: Cases and Materials (West, 6th ed., 2008), and McCormick on Evidence (West, 6th ed., 2006). His many articles have appeared in Texas Law Review, Virginia Law Review, Duke Law Journal, Georgetown Law Journal, American Journal of Criminal Law, Law & Psychology Review, and elsewhere.
- Texas Criminal Pattern Jury Instructions - Preparatory Crimes (State Bar of Texas, 2015) (with State Bar Committee on Pattern Jury Charges – Criminal).
- Texas Criminal Pattern Jury Charges - Defenses (State Bar of Texas, 2013) (with Pattern Jury Charges Committee–Criminal).
- 40-43b Texas Practice: Criminal Practice and Procedure (6 vols.; Eagan, MN: Thomson Reuters/West, 3rd ed. 2011, with John M. Schmolesky; St. Paul: West, 2nd ed. 2001, with Robert O. Dawson). <http://tallons.law.utexas.edu/record=b1731636~S0>