- Professional Responsibility Standards, Rules & Statutes: Abridged Edition (St. Paul: LEG/ West Academic, 2014; St. Paul: West, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010 2009, 2008; St. Paul: Thomson/West, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1995) (editor).
- Professional Responsibility Standards, Rules & Statutes (St. Paul: LEG/ West Academic, 2014; St. Paul: West 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010; St. Paul: Thomson/West, 2009, 2008, 2007; St. Paul: West, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1995) (editor).
- Legal Ethics: The Lawyer's Deskbook on Professional Responsibility (St. Paul: Thomson/West, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005)(with Ronald D. Rotunda).
- Professional Responsibility: Problems and Materials (St. Paul: LEG/ West Academic, 12th ed. 2014; Concise 12th ed. 2014; New York: Thomson Reuters/Foundation Press, 11th ed. 2011); Concise 11th ed. 2011 (with Thomas D. Morgan & Ronald D. Rotunda).
- Professional Responsibility: A Student's Guide (St. Paul: Thomson/West, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005) (with Ronald D. Rotunda).
- Materials on International Petroleum Transactions (Denver: Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, 3rd ed. 2010 (with Ernest E. Smith, Owen L. Anderson, John S. Lowe, Bruce M. Kramer, & Jacqueline Lang Weaver); 2nd ed. 2000; 1st ed. 1993 (with Ernest E. Smith, Owen L. Anderson, Gary B. Conine & John S. Lowe).
- Property: Cases and Materials (New York: Foundation Press, 9th ed. 2008) (with John E. Cribbet, Roger Findley, & Ernest E. Smith).
- Ethical Dilemmas in the Practice of Law: Case Studies & Problems (St. Paul, MN: Thomson/West, 2006) (with Amon Burton).
- Real Property: Documents, Statutes, and Standards (St. Paul: Thomson/West, 2004) (editor).
- Hemingway Oil and Gas Law and Taxation (St. Paul: Thomson/West, 4th ed. 2004) (with Owen L. Anderson, John S. Lowe, Robert J. Peroni, David E. Pierce & Ernest E. Smith).
- Cases and Materials on the Professional Responsibility of Lawyers (St. Paul: West, 2002, 1989) (with John F. Sutton Jr.).
- Selected Statutes, Rules, and Standards on the Legal Profession (St. Paul: West, 1993, 1992, 1991).
- Natural Resource Taxation: Principles and Policies (Durham, NC: Carolina Academic Press, 1988) (with Robert J. Peroni).
- The Decline in Tax Adviser Professionalism in American Society, 84 Fordham Law Review 2721 (2016) (with Robert J. Peroni).
- The Future of Big Law: Alternative Legal Service Providers to Corporate Clients, 82 Fordham Law Review 2995 (2014)
- Ethical Decisionmaking and the Design of Rules of Ethics [Symposium: The Ethical Infrastructure and Culture of Law Firms], 42 Hofstra Law Review 55 (2013).
- Conflicts of Interest in Lawyer Referral Arrangements with Nonlawyer Professionals, 21 The Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics 197 (2008) (with Robert J. Peroni).
- Character and Fitness Inquiries in Law School Admissions, 45 South Texas Law Review 921 (2004).
- The Decline in Lawyer Independence: Lawyer Equity Investments in Clients, 81 Texas Law Review 405 (2002) (with Robert J. Peroni).
- Multidisciplinary Practice and the American Legal Profession: A Market Approach to Regulating the Delivery of Legal Services in the Twenty-First Century, 69 Fordham Law Review 83 (2000) (with Robert J. Peroni).
- Shaping the Future of Law: ABA's Multidisciplinary Practice Proposals Will Stymie the Growth of MDPs, Legal Times, Aug. 2, 1999, at 27 (with Robert J. Peroni). [Reprinted in Texas Lawyer, Aug. 9, 1999, at 38.]
- ABA's Definition of Practice Flawed, National Law Journal, July 26, 1999, at A27 (with Robert J. Peroni).
- Lawyering in a Hybrid Adversary System, 38 William & Mary Law Review 45 (1996).
- Legal Malpractice and the Multistate Law Firm: Supervision of Multistate Offices; Firms as Limited Liability Partnerships; and Predispute Agreements to Arbitrate Client Malpractice Claims, 36 South Texas Law Review 967 (1995).
- Integrating Theory and Practice into the Professional Responsibility Curriculum at the University of Texas, Law & Contemporary Problems, Summer/Autumn 1995, at 213 (with Sanford Levinson, Charles Silver & Amon Burton).
- Trends in Litigation of Oil and Gas Tax Issues in the Twentieth Century, 7 Natural Resources Tax Review 383 (1994).
- An Introduction to the Symposium: The Impact of Failed Financial Institution Litigation on the Regulation of Lawyers, 12 Review of Litigation 513 (1993).
- Positional Conflicts of Interest, 71 Texas Law Review 457 (1993).
- Natural Resources Taxation: 1992--The Year in Review, 6 Natural Resources Tax Review 1 (1993).
- Transboundary Natural Gas Sales and North American Free Trade, Natural Resources & Environment, Fall 1993, at 34.
- Combining Timber Properties for Depletion Purposes: The Tax Court's Decision in RLC Industries Co. v. Commissioner, 6 Natural Resources Tax Review 69 (1993) (with Robert J. Peroni).
- A Brief Glance at the Fifth Circuit's Decision in the King Ranch Case: Percentage Depletion for Royalty Owners Under Pre-1975 Fixed Price Natural Gas Contracts, 6 Natural Resources Tax Review 18 (1993).
- The Energy Policy Act of 1992 and Its Impact on the Law of Natural Resources Taxation, 6 Natural Resources Tax Review 77 (1993) (with Robert J. Peroni).
- Lawyers as Intermediaries: The Representation of Multiple Clients in the Modern Legal Profession, 1992 University of Illinois Law Review 741.
- A Critical View of Zuhone's Pool of Capital Dicta, 4 Natural Resources Tax Review 93 (1991) (with Robert J. Peroni).
- Taking Positional Conflicts of Interest Seriously, 9 Business & Professional Ethics Journal 109 (1991).
- A Critical View of the Hill Decisions, 4 Natural Resources Tax Review 243 (1991) (with Robert J. Peroni).
- A Fifty Year Perspective on World Petroleum Arrangements, 24 Texas International Law Journal 13 (1989) (with Ernest E. Smith).
- American Lawyers, by Richard L. Abel, 68 Texas Law Review 451 (1989).
- Miller's Comprehensive GAAS Guide, by Martin A. Miller, 46 Texas Bar Journal 255 (1983).
- Reexamining the Role of In-House Lawyers After the Conviction of Arthur Andersen, in Enron: Corporate Fiascos and Their Implications 689 (Nancy Rapoport & Bala Dharan eds.; New York: Foundation Press, 2004) (with Amon Burton).
- Statement of Professor John Dzienkowski, University of Texas School of Law, to ABA Commission on Multidisciplinary Practice, Apr. 8, 1999, <http://www.abanet.org/cpr/dzienkowski2.html>.
- Professional Responsibility Trends for Lawyers and Landmen in Natural Resources Transactions, in Proceedings of the 36th Annual Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Institute, 2-1 thru 2-74 (New York: Matthew Bender, 1991).
- Professional Responsibility in an Industry Based Practice of Law--Oil and Gas, in Proceedings of the 40th Annual Institute on Oil and Gas Law and Taxation, Chapter X (New York: Matthew Bender, 1989).
- Accountants: Liability for Compilation and Review Engagements, 60 Texas Law Review 759 (1982).
Return to main profile page