Kamela S. Bridges
- Lecturer - The David J. Beck Center for Legal Research, Writing, and Appellate Advocacy
- JD University of Texas at Austin
- BJ University of Texas at Austin
- BA University of Texas at Austin
Ms. Bridges teaches legal writing. Her courses include Legal Analysis and Communication, Persuasive Analysis and Advocacy, and Advanced Legal Writing: Litigation.
Prior to joining the faculty in 2000, Ms. Bridges was a partner at Locke Liddell & Sapp LLP (now known as Locke Lord). Her practice focused on civil litigation and appellate law.
Ms. Bridges is a co-author of Writing for Litigation. The text, published by Wolters Kluwer in 2011, is designed to help students and new lawyers learn to write documents typically used in civil litigation.
- Writing for Litigation (New York: Aspen Publishers, 2011) (with Wayne Schiess).
- Write Like a Human--Not Like a Lawyer, Trial, April 2010, at 30 (with Wayne Schiess).