- Conflict of Laws: Cases, Materials, Problems (Newark, NJ: LexisNexis, 2nd ed. 2002) (with David Vernon, William Reynolds & William Richman).
- Federal Courts: Cases and Comments on Judicial Federalism and Judicial Power (St. Paul: West, 1994; Supplements 1998-99, 1997, 1996 & 1995).
- Conflict of Laws: Cases, Materials, and Problems (New York: Matthew Bender, 2nd ed. 1992; 1st ed. 1990) (with David H. Vernon).
- What We Don't Talk About When We Talk About Extraterritoriality: Kiobel and the Conflict of Laws [Symposium: Extraterritoriality], 99 Cornell Law Review 1471 (2014). View Article
- A General Theory of Governance: Due Process and Lawmaking Power, 54 William & Mary Law Review 1057 (2013). View Article
- Unlikely Beginnings of Modern Constitutional Thought, 15 Journal of Constitutional Law 291 (2012). View Article
- An Almost Archeological Dig: Finding a Surprisingly Rich Early Understanding of Substantive Due Process, 27 Constitutional Commentary 163 (2010). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/archeological.pdf>
- Overcoming Dred: A Counterfactual Analysis, 24 Constitutional Commentary 733 (2007).
- Dred Scott and the Crisis of 1860, 182 Chicago-Kent Law Review 97 (2007).
- Back to the Future: The New General Common Law, 35 Journal of Maritime Law & Commerce 523 (2004).
- Our Marbury, 89 Virginia Law Review 1235 (2003). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/ourmarburypub.pdf>
- When Courts Decide Elections: The Constitutionality of Bush v. Gore [Symposium: Federal Courts and Electoral Politics], 82 Boston University Law Review 609 (2002).
- This Activist Court, 1 Georgetown Journal of Law & Public Policy 111 (2002). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/thisactivist.pdf>
- Of Sovereignty and Union: The Legends of Alden [Annual Federal Courts Issue], 76 Notre Dame Law Review 1113 (2001).
- The Article III Box: The Power of "Congress" to Attack the "Jurisdiction" of "Federal Courts" [Symposium: Restructuring Federal Courts], 78 Texas Law Review 1405 (2000).
- A Structural Revision of the Conflicts Restatement [Symposium: Preparing for the Next Century--A New Restatement of Conflicts?], 75 Indiana Law Journal 475 (2000).
- Choosing Law, Giving Justice [Symposium: Tribute to Symeon C. Symeonides], 60 Louisiana Law Review 1361 (2000).
- Methodological Interventions and the Slavery Cases; Or, Night-Thoughts of a Legal Realist [Symposium: The Silver Anniversary of the Second Conflicts Restatement], 56 Maryland Law Review 1316 (1997).
- Holmes' Failure, 96 Michigan Law Review 691 (1997). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/holmspub1.pdf>
- Fear and Federalism [Symposium: Twentieth Annual Law Review Symposium: Fear and Federalism], 23 Ohio Northern University Law Review 1295 (1997).
- The Power of Congress Over Courts in Nonfederal Cases, 1995 Brigham Young University Law Review 731.
- Political Questions and the Guarantee Clause [Ira C. Rothgerber, Jr. Conference on Constitutional Law: Guaranteeing a Republican Form of Government], 65 University of Colorado Law Review 887 (1994). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/polpub1.pdf>
- Mass Torts at the Neutral Forum: A Critical Analysis of the ALI's Proposed Choice Rule [Symposium: Symposium on Conflict of Laws: Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of Babcock v. Jackson], 56 Albany Law Review 807 (1993). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/masspub.pdf>
- Motion and Debate, 70 American Law Institute Proceedings 255, 262, 267-268, 274-275 (1993). [Reprinted in part, 54 Louisiana Law Review 837 (1994) by the review's editors as basis of a Symposium.]
- Is It All Right to Read Trollope?, 62 American Scholar 447 (1993).
- The Federal-State Conflict of Laws: "Actual" Conflicts, 70 Texas Law Review 1743 (1992).
- The Monroe Mystery Solved: Beyond the "Unhappy History" Theory of Civil Rights Litigation [Symposium: Federal Courts Symposium II], 1991 Brigham Young University Law Review 737 (1991).
- Choosing Law: The Limitations Debates, 1991 University of Illinois Law Review 683 (1991).
- Against Comity, 80 Georgetown Law Journal 53 (1991). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/comitpub.pdf>
- Federal Common Law, 83 Northwestern University Law Review 805 (1989). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/fclpub.pdf>
- Irving Younger [In Memoriam], 73 Minnesota Law Review 797 (1989).
- The Curious Notion That the Rules of Decision Act Blocks Supreme Federal Common Law [debate with M. Redish], 83 Northwestern University Law Review 860 (1989).
- The Place of Trial and the Law Applied: Overhauling Constitutional Theory [Symposium], 59 Colorado Law Review 67 (1988).
- Bibliography, Recent Articles on the Conflict of Laws, Newsletter, AALS Committee on the Conflict of Laws, Dec.1985.
- The Helicopter Case and the Jurisprudence of Jurisdiction, 58 Southern California Law Review 913 (1985).
- Insights and Ironies: The American Bhopal Cases [Symposium: The Bhopal Tragedy: Social and Legal Issues], 20 Texas International Law Journal 307 (1985).
- The New Judicial Federalism: Where We Are Now [Symposium: Federalism: Allocating Responsibility Between the Federal and State Courts], 19 Georgia Law Review 1075 (1985).
- On Departing from Forum Law [Symposium: Conflict of Laws (Part II)], 35 Mercer Law Review 595 (1984). [Anthologized in A Conflict-of-Laws Anthology 122 (Gene R. Shreve ed.; Cincinnati: Anderson Publishing Co., 1997).]
- Choice of Law and Minimal Scrutiny, 49 University of Chicago Law Review 440 (1982). [Anthologized in A Conflict-of-Laws Anthology 339 (Gene R. Shreve ed.; Cincinnati: Anderson Publishing Co., 1997).] <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/minscpub.pdf>
- Conflicts Cases and the Problem of Relevant Time, A Response to the Hague Symposium, 10 Hofstra Law Review 1023 (1982). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/RELTIME.pdf>
- A New Judicial Federalism?, Daedalus, Winter 1978, at 129. [Reprinted in A New America? (Stephen R. Graubard ed.; New York: Norton, 1978).]
- The New Meaning of Equity, 28 Journal of Legal Education 532 (1977).<http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/equitypub.pdf>
- The New Judicial Federalism, 29 Stanford Law Review 1191 (1977). [Indexed in Concepts of Federalism (William Stewart ed.; Lanham, MD: University Press of America, 1984).] <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/nujudpub.pdf>
- The Photocopying Revolution and the Copyright Crisis, 28 The Public Interest 99 (1975).
- Choice of Law and the Proposed Federal Rules of Evidence: New Perspectives, 122 University of Pennsylvania Law Review 594 (1974).
- Federal Common Law, in Federalism by A.J. Bellia, ed. (New York: Aspen Publishers, 2011).
- Courts, United States Federal, in 2 The Oxford International Encyclopedia of Legal History 255 (Stanley N. Katz ed.; Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2009).
- Of Theory and Theodicy: The Problem of Immoral Law, in Law and Justice in a Multistate World: Essays in Honor of Arthur T. von Mehren 473 (James A.R. Nafziger & Symeon C. Symeonides eds.; Ardsley, NY: Transnational Publishers, 2002). <http://www.utexas.edu/law/faculty/lweinberg/vonpub.pdf>
- Motion and Debate, 79 American Law Institute Proceedings 468-469, 481-483, 485-486 (2002).
- Motion and Debate, 69 American Law Institute Proceedings 211-216 (1992) (motion carried).
- Introductory Remarks, in Artists in the Nineties, Proceedings of the Annual Meeting--Philosophical Society of Texas, 35 (Dallas: The Society, 1989).
- Motion and Debate, 65 American Law Institute Proceedings 329-333 (motion carried); Comments, 344-345 (1988).
- "Polyphonic Federalism," Conference on Federalism and Its Future, University of Texas School of Law, Austin, February 12, 2011.<http://www.utexas.edu/law/depts/media/Reels/Federalism/2-12-11c.wmv>
- A Structural Revision of the Conflicts Restatement (AALS Section on the Conflict of Laws, Washington, DC, January 4, 1998).
- The Slavery Cases (AALS Section on the Conflict of Laws; Washington, DC, Jan. 4, 1997).
- The Federal-State Conflict of Laws (AALS Section on the Conflict of Laws; San Antonio, TX, Jan. 4, 1992).
- Federal Courts: Forum for Public Interest Litigation (4th Annual O'Neill Symposium on American Politics; Boston College, Boston, MA, Oct. 21, 1988).
- The Limitations Debates and the Impact of Wortman (AALS Workshop on the Conflict of Laws; Washington, DC, July 7-9, 1988).
- Law as Design: Does Neatness Count? (37th Annual International Design Conference; Aspen, CO, July, 1987).
- The Relation Between Jurisdiction and Choice of Law (AALS Section on Conflict of Laws; Los Angeles, CA, Jan. 1987).
- Legal Theory and the Federal Common Law (Symposium on Constitutional Commentaries; University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX, Mar. 7, 1986).
- Insights and Ironies (Bhopal Symposium; University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX, Feb.6, 1985).
Return to main profile page