- Processes of Dispute Resolution: The Role of Lawyers (New York: Foundation Press, 4th ed. 2006, 3rd ed. 2001, with Edward F. Sherman & Scott R. Peppet; 2nd ed. 1996, with Edward F. Sherman; Notes for Teachers, Foundation Press 4th ed. 2006; 3rd ed. 2002, with Edward F. Sherman & Scott R. Peppet).
- Rau & Sherman's Texas ADR and Arbitration Statutes: Commentary and Annotations (St. Paul: West, 2000, 1997 eds., with Edward F. Sherman & Brian D. Shannon; Colorado Springs: Shepard's/McGraw Hill, 1994, with Edward F. Sherman).
- Cases and Materials on Contracts (St. Paul: West, 2nd ed. 1992; 1st ed. 1984) (with Robert W. Hamilton & Russell J. Weintraub).
- Dispute Resolution: Materials for Continuing Legal Education (National Institute for Dispute Resolution, 1991) (with John S. Murray & Edward F. Sherman).
- Processes of Dispute Resolution: the Role of the Lawyers (Westbury, NY: Foundation Press, 1989) (with John S. Murray & Edward F. Sherman).
- Arbitrators Without Powers? Disqualifying Counsel in Arbitral Proceedings, 30 Arbitration International 457 (2014).
- Arbitrating "Arbitrability," 7 World Arbitration & Mediation Report 487 (2013).
- The Errors of Comity: Forum Non Conveniens Returns to the Second Circuit, 23 The American Review of International Arbitration 1 (2012).
- Arbitral Power and the Limits of Contract: The New Trilogy, 22 American Review of International Arbitration 435 (2011).
- Understanding (and Misunderstanding) "Primary Jurisdiction" [Symposium: Arbitration and National Courts: Conflict and Cooperation], 21 The American Review of International Arbitration 47 (2010).
- Mandatory Law and the Enforceability of Arbitration Agreements, 3 World Arbitration & Mediation Review 133 (2009).
- Arbitral Jurisdiction and the Dimensions of 'Consent,' 24 Arbitration International 199 (2008). [A revised version of this article appears in Multiple Party Actions in International Arbitration: Consent, Procedure and Enforcement (Permanent Court of Arbitration, Oxford University Press, 2009)].
- Evidence and Discovery in American Arbitration: The Problem of "Third Parties," 19 The American Review of International Arbitration 1 (2008).
- The Arbitrator and "Mandatory Rules of Law," 18 The American Review of International Arbitration 51 (2007).
- Federal Common Law and Arbitral Power [Symposium: Rethinking the Federal Arbitration Act: An Examination of Whether and How the Statute Should Be Amended], 8 Nevada Law Journal 169 (2007).
- "Separability" in the United States Supreme Court ,1 Stockholm International Arbitration Review 1 (2006).
- Fear of Freedom, 17 The American Review of International Arbitration 469 (2006).
- "Separability," "Illegality," and Federalism: The Cardegna Case in the Supreme Court, Mealey's International Arbitration Report, Oct. 2005, at 1.
- Provisional Relief in Arbitration: How Things Stand in the United States, 22 Journal of International Arbitration 1 (2005).
- The Culture of American Arbitration and the Lessons of ADR [Symposium: Globalization and the Judiciary], 40 Texas International Law Journal 449 (2005).
- Everything You Really Need to Know About "Separability" in Seventeen Simple Propositions, 14 American Review of International Arbitration 1 (2003). [Reprinted in Cadernos do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Direito, Aug. 2004, at 182.]
- "Arbitrability" and Judicial Review: A Brief Rejoinder, 1 Journal of American Arbitration 159 (2002).
- La contractualisation de l'arbitrage: le modèle américain, 2001 Revue de l'Arbitrage 451 (2001) (with Catherine Pédamon).
- The Arbitrability Question Itself, 10 American Review of International Arbitration 287 (1999).
- Does State Arbitration Law Matter at All? Part II: A Continuing Role for State Law, ADR Currents, Dec. 1998, at 20. [Reprinted with Part I at 199, ADR & the Law (American Arbitration Association, 2000) and at 415, Handbook on Commercial Arbitration (American Arbitration Association, 2006)].
- Does State Arbitration Law Matter at All? Part I: Federal Preemption, ADR Currents, June 1998 at 19. [Reprinted with Part II at 199, ADR & the Law (American Arbitration Association, 2000) and at 415, Handbook on Commercial Arbitration (American Arbitration Association, 2006)].
- Arbitration as Contract: One More Word About First Options v. Kaplan, Mealey's International Arbitration Report, Mar. 1997, at 1.
- Integrity in Private Judging [Symposium: The Lawyer's Duties and Responsibilities in Dispute Resolution], 38 South Texas Law Review 485 (1997). [Revised version in 14 Arbitration International 115 (1998) as On Integrity in Private Judging].
- Contracting Out of the Arbitration Act, 8 American Review of International Arbitration 225 (1997).
- The New York Convention in American Courts, 7 American Review of International Arbitration 213 (1997).
- Tradition and Innovation in International Arbitration Procedure, 30 Texas International Law Journal 89 (1995) (with Edward F. Sherman).
- The UNCITRAL Model Law in State and Federal Courts: The Case of "Waiver," 6 American Review of International Arbitration 223 (1995).
- Resolving Disputes Over Attorneys' Fees: The Role of ADR, 46 Southern Methodist University Law Review 2005 (1993).
- Intellectual Property, 16 Texas Tech University Law Review 355 (1985).
- Subsidiary in France: Problems of Control Under French Law, 8 Texas International Law Journal 137 (1973).
- Mediation in Art-Related Disputes, in 11 Studies in Art Law 153 (Geneva: Centre du Droit de l'Art, 1999).
- Arbitration in Contracts of Adhesion: Process Dangers and Design Possibilities, in Proceedings, Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution, 22nd Annual Conference (1994).
Return to main profile page