- Johanson's Texas Estates Code Annotated (St. Paul: West, 2014; Previously published as Johanson's Texas Probate Code Annotated St. Paul: West, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004; Rochester, N.Y.: Lawyers Cooperative Publishing, 2003, 2001, 2000; 1999; 1998; 1997; 1996).
- Gilbert Law Summary on Wills (St. Paul: West, 12th ed. 2011; Chicago, IL: BarBri Group, 11th ed. 2003; Chicago, IL: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich Legal and Professional Publications, 10th ed. 1986).
- Johanson's Texas Probate Code Annotated: with Related Statutes, Including the Texas Trust Code, Summary of 2009 Legislative Changes, and Significant Recent Decisions (St. Paul: Thomson/West, 2010; 2009).<http://tallons.law.utexas.edu/record=b1719457~S0>
- Wills, Trusts, and Estates (New York: Aspen Publishers, 7th ed. 2005, with Jesse Dukeminier, James Lindgren, & Robert H. Sitkoff; Boston: Little, Brown, 6th ed. 2000; 5th ed. 1995; 4th ed. 1990; 3rd ed. 1984, with Jesse Dukeminier). [Successor edition to Family Wealth Transactions: Wills, Trusts, Future Interests and Estate Planning (Boston: Little, Brown, 2nd ed. 1978; 1st ed. 1972) (with Jesse Dukeminier).]
- Community Property: The Migrant Client (Washington, DC: Tax Management, 1971).
- Estate Planning and Administration Seminar (Austin: University of Texas School of Law, 1970) (editor).
- Wills and Estates Seminar (Austin: University of Texas School of Law, 1965).
- Corwin Johnson: Consummate Scholar, Teacher, and Colleague [In Memoriam: Corwin W. Johnson], 83 Texas Law Review 1797 (2005).
- Forced Heirship for Utopia: A Solution in Search of a Problem?, 2001 Papers of the International Academy of Estate & Trust Law 259 (2002).
- Estate Planning for the Client With AIDS, 52 Texas Bar Journal 217 (1989) (with Kathleen Ford Bay).
- Community Property With Right of Survivorship Comes to Texas, Community Property Journal, July 1988, at 16.
- Spousal Remainder Trusts: Does a Wind-up Trigger the Grantor Trust Rules? NO, 125 Trusts & Estates 46 (1986).
- Parker Fielder: Consummate Teacher, 63 Texas Law Review 769 (1985).
- Planning for the Marital Deduction Under ERTA, State Bar Section Report: Real Property, Probate & Trust Law, July 1982.
- The "Community Property" Amendment to the Texas Constitution Should Not Be Enacted, 43 Texas Bar Journal 926 (1980).
- Recent Developments Concerning the Ownership and Transfer of Life Insurance Policies, 25 Tulane Tax Institute 22 (1976).
- Revocable Trusts, Widow's Election Wills, and Community Property: The Tax Problems, 47 Texas Law Review 1247 (1970).
- Revocable Trusts and Community Property: The Substantive Problems, 47 Texas Law Review 537 (1969).
- Reversions, Remainders, and the Doctrine of Worthier Title, 45 Texas Law Review 1 (1966).
- Estoppel by Deed and the Recording System: The "Ayer Rule" Reexamined, 43 Boston University Law Review 441 (1963).
- Friedman on Leases, by Milton Friedman, 43 Texas Bar Journal 594 (1980).
- Recent Developments Relating to Estate Planning, in Southern Federal Tax Institute (Atlanta, 1989-1997).
- Overview of Federal Estate Tax, Advanced Will and Trust Drafting, Planning for the Marital Deduction, in Short Course on Estate Planning (Dallas: Southwestern Legal Foundation Press, 1997).
- Recent Developments in Estate and Gift Taxation, in Annual Taxation Conference (Austin: University of Texas School of Law, Continuing Education Program, 1984-1997).
- What You Absolutely, Positively Have to Know About the Generation-Skipping Transfer Tax, in Advanced Taxation Course (Austin: State Bar of Texas, Professional Development Program, 1992).
- Charitable Trusts and Charitable Dispositions, in Seminar on Post-Mortem Planning and Administration (Charlottesville, VA: ALI/ABA, 1991).
- User-Friendly Will Drafting, in Advanced Drafting and Estate Planning Course (Austin: State Bar of Texas, Professional Development Program, 1990).
- Marital Deduction Issues and Qualified Domestic Trusts, and Marital Property Dispositions: Which Spouse Is, or is Deemed to Be, the Transferor, in Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course (Austin: State Bar of Texas, Professional Development Program, 1990).
- The Use of Life Insurance Trusts in Estate Planning, in 8th Annual Estate Planning Conference (Columbus, OH: Ohio State University, 1990).
- C.M.A (Cover My Assets from Creditors) Planning, in Estate Planning Seminar (El Paso: Texas Commerce Bank, 1989).
- What Lawyers Ought to be Doing in Drafting Marital Deduction Trusts, Including QTIP Trusts, in Southwestern Legal Foundation Institute on Wills and Probate (Dallas: Southwestern Legal Foundation Press, 1988).
- The Marital Deduction: An Update (San Diego, CA: Southern California Tax and Estate Planning Forum, 1987).
- Trust Planning and Income Shifting After the Tax Reform Act of 1976: What's Left? in Advanced Estate Planning and Probate Course (Austin: State Bar of Texas, Professional Development Program, 1987).
- Value-Shifting Arrangements: Sale of Remainders, Split Interest Purchases, and Grantor Retained Income Trusts, in Southwest Legal Foundation Institute on Wills and Probate (Dallas: Southwestern Legal Foundation Press, 1986).
- Significant State Court Decision Involving Wills, Trust, and Probate Issues (Orlando, FL: American College of Probate Council Annual Meeting, 1986).
- Value-Shifting Arrangements: Grantor Term Trust, Sale of Remainder Interest, Split-Interest Purchases (San Diego, CA: Southern California Tax and Estate Planning Forum, 1986).
- The Marital Deduction: Choices in Planning, Drafting, and Administration (San Diego, CA: Southern California Tax and Estate Planning Forum, 1984).
- The Revocable Trust--An Underused Estate Planning Technique? in Southwestern Legal Foundation Institute on Wills and Probate (Dallas: Southwestern Legal Foundation Press, 1984).
- The Use of Tax Savings Clauses in Drafting Wills and Trusts, in 15th Annual University of Miami Institute on Estate Planning, 21-1(57) (Miami, FL: University of Miami, 1981).
- The Orphan's Deduction: How to Handle a Troublesome Drafting Problem, in 14th Annual University of Miami Institute on Estate Planning, 16-1(48) (Miami, FL: University of Miami, 1980).
- The Uniform Gifts to Minors Act: The Existing Law and Proposals for Change, in ACPC Study 13, 13-1(17) (American College of Probate Counsel, 1979).
- Migrating Client: Estate Planning for the Couple from a Community Property State, in 9th Annual University of Miami Institute on Estate Planning, 800 (Miami, FL: University of Miami, 1975).
- Wills and Trusts, 6th Edition (Law School Legends Audio Series) (Chicago: Gilbert Law Publishing, 2011).
- Marital Deduction Planning After the Tax Reform Act, in Estate Planning After the Tax Reform Act of 1976 (Austin: State Bar of Texas, Professional Development Program, 1977).
- Wills and Estates, pt. 1-2 (Austin: University of Texas Communications Center, 1969) (with William W. Gibson).
Return to main profile page