- Cases and Materials on Torts (St. Paul: Thomson Reuters, 4th ed. 2011 with David W. Robertson, David A. Anderson & Olin Guy Wellborn III; St. Paul: Thomson/West, 3rd ed. 2004; St. Paul: West, 2nd ed. 1998; 1st ed. 1989 with David W. Robertson & David A. Anderson; Teacher's Manual, 4th ed. 2011 with David W. Robertson, David A. Anderson, & Olin Guy Wellborn III).
- 1 Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Liability for Physical and Emotional Harm (St. Paul: American Law Institute, 2010) (reporter, with Michael D. Green, Gary T. Schwartz et al.).
- Restatement of the Law, Torts: Liability for Physical and Emotional Harm (Philadelphia: ALI, Council Draft No. 8, September 16, 2008; Council Draft No. 6, October 26, 2006) (reporter, with Michael D. Green).
- Restatement (Third) of Torts: Liability for Physical Harm (Basic Principles) (Philadelphia: ALI, Preliminary Draft No. 5, 2005; Final Draft No. 1, 2005; Council Draft No. 5, 2004; Council Draft No. 4, 2003; Preliminary Draft No. 4, 2003; Tentative Draft No. 3, 2003; Tentative Draft No. 2, 2002; Council Draft No. 3, 2001) (reporter, with Gary T. Schwartz & Michael D. Green).
- Products Liability: Cases and Materials (St. Paul: West, 3rd ed. 2002, with David A. Fischer, Michael Green & Joseph Sanders; Supplement 1997, 2nd ed. 1994, 1st ed. 1988, with David A. Fischer).
- Restatement (Third) of Torts: Apportionment of Liability (St. Paul: American Law Institute Publishers, "as adopted" 2000; Philadelphia: ALI, Proposed Final Draft (Revised), 1999; Council Draft No. 2, 1997; Preliminary Draft No. 3, 1997; Council Draft No. 1, 1996; Preliminary Draft No. 2, 1996; Preliminary Draft No. 1, 1995) (with Michael D. Green, reporters).
- Texas Products Liability Law (Clearwater, FL: Butterworth, 2nd ed. 1992; 1st ed. 1986; Updates 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1987).
- An Admissions Policy That Prizes Diversity, Wall Street Journal, October 10, 2012, A, at 17.
- Conceptual Clarity and Necessary Muddles, 90 Texas Law Review See Also 41 (2011) (with Michael D. Green).
- How to Measure the Learning Experience at the University of Texas, Austin-American Statesman, June 7, 2011.
- UT Austin Among Nation's Most Productive Universities, Dallas Morning News, June 1, 2011.
- Welcoming Remarks [Symposium: The Research Library in the 21st Century], 49 Journal of Library Administration 213 (2009).
- The Insubstantiality of the "Substantial Factor" Test for Causation, 73 Missouri Law Review 399 (2008) (with Joseph Sanders & Michael D. Green).
- Corwin Waggoner Johnson [In Memoriam: Corwin W. Johnson], 83 Texas Law Review 1805 (2005).
- Working Borders: Linking Debates About Insourcing and Outsourcing of Capital and Labor [conference proceedings], 40 Texas International Law Journal 691 (2005) (with Karen L. Engle et al.).
- A Modest Proposal to Abandon Strict Products Liability, 1991 University of Illinois Law Review 639. [Reprinted in Cadernos do Programa de Pós-Graduação em Direito, Aug. 2004, at 12.]
- Aplicando a Responsabilidade Objetiva aos Serviços (Strict Liability): Uma Perspectiva a Partir dos Estados Unidos [Strict Liability: A U.S. Perspective], Edição Especial Revista da Faculdade de Direito Universdidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 18 (2002).
- Remembering Charles Alan Wright, 79 Texas Law Review 7 (2000).[Previously published in Texas Alcalde, Sept./Oct. 2000, at 14.]
- ALI Apportionment of Liability Reporters' Response [symposium on the Restatement (Third) of Torts], 10 Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy 203 (2000) (with Michael Green).
- Apportionment of Liability [symposium on the Restatement (Third) of Torts], 10 Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy 30 (2000) (with Michael Green).
- Sports, Assumption of Risk, and the New Restatement, 38 Washburn Law Journal 771 (1999).
- Contribution, Not Indemnity: A Reply to Ed Cooper, www.legalessays.com (1999).
- 60 Minutes' Report Unfair to High Court, Dallas Morning News, Nov. 15, 1998, at 6J.
- Five Neglected Strategies for Civil Lawyers, Texas Lawyer, Feb. 3, 1997, at 37 (with Barbara Radnofsky).
- Judge and Jury in the Texas Supreme Court, 75 Texas Law Review 1699 (1997).
- Pride--1996 Sunflower Ceremony, Townes Hall Notes, Spring 1997, at 28.
- Is There a Doctrinal Answer to the Question of Generic Liability?, 72 Chicago-Kent Law Review 169 (1996).
- Some Pitfalls of Federal Tort Reform Legislation, 38 Arizona Law Review 909 (1996).
- Judging Judging, 28 Valparaiso University Law Review 857 (1994).
- Border Wars, 72 Texas Law Review 1209 (1994).
- Is Law Just Politics?, 28 The Appellate Advocate 3 (1993).
- Another Look at "No Evidence" and "Insufficient Evidence", 69 Texas Law Review 515 (1991) (with Jack Ratliff). [Reprinted in Texas Litigation Reader 501 (A. F. Brooke & Gregory S. Coleman eds.; Austin: Texas Law Review Association, 1992).]
- Negligence, Breach of Contract, and the "Economic Loss" Rule, 23 Texas Tech Law Review 477 (1992) (with Margaret Niver).
- Some Observations on Strict Liability in the Louisiana Law of Garde, 52 Louisiana Law Review 365 (1991).
- An Overview of Strict Liability in Texas, Texas Personal Injury Law Report, Sept. 1985, at 3.
- Annual Survey of Texas Law: Personal Torts, 39 Southwestern Law Journal 93 (1985).
- Annual Survey of Texas Law: Torts: Personal, 38 Southwestern Law Journal 1 (1984).
- Distinguishing Between Products and Services in Strict Liability, 62 North Carolina Law Review 415 (1984). [Reprinted in 33 Defense Law Journal 423 (1984).]
- Persistence of Fault in Products Liability, 61 Texas Law Review 777 (1983).[Reprinted in A Products Liability Anthology (A. Bernstein ed.; Anderson, 1995).]
- Structural Aspects of the Impact of Law on Moral Duty Within Utilitarianism and Social Contract Theory, 26 UCLA Law Review 1263 (1979).
- Formalism and Non-Formalism in Choice of Law Methodology, 52 Washington University Law Review 27 (1976).
- Autonomy and the Legal Control of Self-Regarding Conduct, 51 Washington Law Review 33 (1975).
- Thaumatrope, 77 Texas Law Review 1319 (1999) (reviewing Cardozo, by Andrew L. Kaufman).
- Constructing Liberal Political Theory, 72 Texas Law Review 443 (1993) (reviewing Political Liberalism, by John Rawls; and Intuition and Construction, by T. K. Seung).
- Another Liberalism: Romanticism and the Reconstruction of Liberal Thought, by Nancy L. Rosenblum, 69 Texas Law Review 977 (1991).
- Cardozo: A Study in Reputation, by Richard Posner, 12 Cardozo Law Review 1941 (1991).
- The Economic Structure of Tort Law, by William M. Landes & Richard A. Posner, 66 Texas Law Review 191 (1987).
- Liberalism and the Limits of Justice, by Michael J. Sandel, 63 Texas Law Journal 1569 (1986).
- Lon L. Fuller, by Robert Summer, 85 Duke Law Journal 221 (1985).
- Tort Law in America, by G. Edward White, 67 Journal of American History 704 (1980).
- The Duty of Act: Tort Law, Power and Public Policy, by Marshall S. Shapo, 57 Texas Law Review 523 (1979).
- Remembering Charles Alan Wright, in A Tribute: Charles Alan Wright, The Man and the Scholar iii (Austin: Jamail Center for Legal Research, 2000).
- American Products Liability Law, in 2 Consumer Protection, Environmental Regulation and Collective Damage: Seeking Justice in the Third Millenium 227 (Blumenau, Brazil: International Conference on Civil Liability, 1995).
- Legal Causation in Toxic Tort Litigation, Chapter 29 in Hazardous Materials Toxicology: Clinical Principles of Environmental Health (John B. Sullivan & Gary R. Krieger eds.; Baltimore: Williams & Wilkins, 1992).
Return to main profile page