The Richard Linn American Inn of Court – Mark T. Banner Scholarship
The Richard Linn American Inn of Court is proud to offer the Mark T. Banner Scholarship. This scholarship is part of The Richard Linn American Inn of Court's commitment to fostering the development of intellectual property lawyers of high ethics, civility and professionalism, and especially those from diverse backgrounds. The recipient of the Mark T. Banner Scholarship will receive $10,000 payable for his or her Fall 2020 semester of law school.
Applications will be accepted from now through December 6, 2019. The winner will be notified by April 2020 and the award will be announced at the Linn Inn of Court's annual dinner in Summer of 2020.
Please click on "More Information" below for more information about the application process and to access the application.
Law students who have entered into a JD program at an ABA-accredited law school in the United States and who will continue in that program through the Fall semester 2020 are eligible to apply for the Mark T. Banner Scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Mark T. Banner Scholarship review board based on the following criteria:
• Commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law. An ability to demonstrate a commitment to the pursuit of a career in IP law is an essential requirement.
• Commitment, qualities and actions toward ethics, civility and professionalism.
• Academic merit (undergraduate, graduate and law school).
• Written and oral communication skills determined in part through a telephone interview for finalists.
• Leadership qualities and community involvement.
• Member of a historically underrepresented group in IP law (including race, sex, ethnicity, sexual orientation and disability). The application should discuss how diversity has impacted his or her pursuit of a career in IP law and how the applicant has faced and overcome the challenges associated therewith. Diversity is considered but is one element among several in the award decision.