Join Our Team
Call for Applications
The interdisciplinary Bernard and Audre Rapoport Center for Human Rights and Justice at the University of Texas at Austin seeks applications for an Administrative Associate to provide detailed administrative support for the Center, working closely with the assistant director and faculty co-directors, as well as the student team.
The Rapoport Center operates as a vibrant hub for social justice research, teaching, networking, and advocacy. It regularly convenes workshops and public events that bring together academics and activists; publishes scholarship and reports; and supports faculty and student research, creative work, and advocacy. It also funds and helps coordinate internships and other opportunities around the world for UT students.
The Center encourages applicants with a demonstrated commitment to human rights and social justice, understood to encompass issues of global inequality, including racial and gender justice.
- Assists with the coordination of conferences, speaker series, meetings, and other events, including travel and publicity.
- Assists with grants, fundraising, and alumni relations.
- Processes financial documents, including grant reporting, vendor payments, internship stipends, travel authorizations and reimbursements, and purchase orders.
- Coordinates application and selection process for student internships, scholarships, and fellowships.
- Assists with outreach to various stakeholders by contributing to the preparation and design of relevant Rapoport Center publications and communications, including the Annual Review, reports, press releases, publicity, correspondence, and meeting agendas/minutes.
- Helps develop and maintain the Center’s multi-media websites; coordinates social media presence.
- Other related responsibilities and functions as assigned.
The position provides an annual salary of at least $40,000 (depending on qualifications), health insurance and other benefits, access to UT facilities, and office space at the Law School.
Bachelor’s degree and one year of administrative experience. Demonstrated ability to work independently on multiple projects and priorities while maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
Three years of administrative experience. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, or other graphic design software. Experience in fundraising, development, and grant-writing initiatives. Experience working in an academic or non-profit setting.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We hope to fill the position by February 1, 2022. Prospective applicants should apply via the official job posting.
Download Call for Applications
For any questions, please contact Sabrina Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-232-4857.
The Rapoport Center is an equal opportunity employer and actively recruits women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and persons with diverse gender and sexual identities.