Placements – Finding a Student
Thank you for your interest in hosting a student intern through the Nonprofit Internship Program. Dedicated supervising attorneys are critical to the success of our program, and we hope that you will join us in this educational endeavor.
Student interns spend at least 150 hours on unpaid law-related work at their field placements, spread over 10 or more weeks during the fall/spring, or 165 hours over 6 or more weeks during the summer. They must be supervised by attorneys with at least three years of experience who have agreed to participate in the internship program.
Each student pursues internship possibilities, secures an offer from a potential placement, and applies to the faculty instructor for approval of the proposed placement and supervisor. The instructor contacts the proposed supervisor to discuss the program requirements and invite the supervisor to participate.
We use Symplicity, an employment management system operated by our Career Services Office, to inform students about offices interested in hosting interns for academic credit. After your posting has been submitted through Symplicity, we may also advertise the opportunity directly to student groups and classes with relevant interests.
If you would like to learn more about hosting an intern, please review the Description of the Nonprofit Internship Program.
To post an internship on Symplicity
- If you have an account, log in to Texas Law Symplicity.
Reminder: Your user name is your complete e-mail address. If you have forgotten your login and password or have never received one, select [Forgot My Password] tab and it will be e-mailed to you.
- Select [Job Bank] from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Click the [Add New] button.
- Complete your posting. Under compensation, select unpaid.
- Write in the [Compensation Information] text box: “May qualify for academic credit.”
- Click [Submit].
If you are not already registered on Symplicity:
- Log in to Texas Law Symplicity and select the [Register] tab.
- Complete the requested information and you will receive an e-mail with your password as soon as your registration has been processed.
Offices with questions about posting an internship on Symplicity should contact the Career Service Office.