A Message From Liz Hilton
At over 25,000 members strong, the Texas Law alumni network is one of the largest for any law school in the country. Longhorn lawyers span the globe as leaders in virtually every sector. They are a tremendous asset and invaluable resource for the school and our students; for practicing and non-practicing lawyers everywhere; and, of course, for the communities in which we work, live and serve.
I am honored to serve the law school and our unrivaled alumni community as Executive Director for Alumni Relations & Development. As a second generation Texas Law alumna myself, I know what a difference our alumni make. For example:• Alumni have contributed over $30 million in the past three years for the Endowment for Excellence, so we can recruit the best and the brightest students to Texas Law.
• More than 500 alumni serve as mentors to current students, providing a rich experience for both mentor and mentee.
• Trustees of the Law School Foundation—all alumni, of course—provide leadership and support for the foundation and the law school.
• The Alumni Association Executive Committee creates alumni-led Steering Committees around Texas and the country to connect with peers, recruit great future lawyers, and increase support for the school.
• Class committees help classmates stay connected and bring energy and ideas to reunion events.
• Alumni at law firms energize our 100% Giving campaign, encouraging fellow alums in the firm to commit to our annual fund every year.
As you see, the work of my office is only possible with the enthusiastic participation of many alumni. I hope I can help you get involved in the way that is most meaningful for you. Let me hear from you—and come by and visit when you’re in Austin!
Kind regardsLiz Hilton, B.A. '86, J.D. '90
Texas Law is committed to attracting and retaining the best legal scholars and students from across the country. To preserve these high standards of excellence and continue to move toward the future, we need your help. Every gift that is made to the law school, whether for unrestricted use, student support, programmatic support or faculty and research support, will ensure that our high standards of excellence are preserved for years to come.Learn more about Annual Giving
100% Giving Challenge
The 100% Giving Challenge is an outstanding way for you and your firm to support Texas Law. To qualify for membership, 100% of the Texas Law Alumni at your firm contribute to any fund at the Law School during the fiscal year, which starts Sept. 1 and runs until Aug. 31. In recognition of this achievement, your firm’s name will be prominently displayed in the Career Services Office Interviewing Center. In addition, your firm will be recognized with an award given to your 100% Giving Challenge Contact.Learn more about the 100% Giving Challenge
Establish an enduring legacy at the Law School. A commemorative brick demonstrates ones’ commitment to the school and support of its educational mission in a way for all to see. Commemorative bricks are $500. Bricks will have alumni’s name and class year. Purchase of a brick supports the Law School’s Annual Fund and is tax deductible.Purchase a Commemorative Brick