G. Rollie White Pro Bono Fellowship
The G. Rollie White Pro Bono Fellowship is a two-year post-graduate fellowship in the Richard and Ginni Mithoff Pro Bono Program. The position offers a recent law graduate with an interest in working in legal education the opportunity to supervise law student work on pro bono projects.
The fellowship is generously supported by the G. Rollie White Trust.
The fellow, under the supervision of Mithoff Program attorneys, will assist in overseeing in-house pro bono projects, working with student leaders, and supervising law student pro bono work. The fellow will assist with pro bono trainings, pro bono event planning and operations, and the evaluation of projects and student experiences, and may have the opportunity to help develop and support new pro bono projects and other opportunities for students.
This is a 24-month, full-time staff position. During the academic year, the fellow will be expected to perform most of their work in-person at the law school, with limited ability to work remotely; during the summers and between academic terms, more remote work will be possible. Annual salary is $60,000 for the first year of the fellowship with the possibility of a salary increase during the second year. The fellow will receive health insurance and all other benefits available to UT Austin employees. There is no expectation of continued employment at the end of the fellowship term.
Application due: October 2, 2023
- A J.D. degree from an accredited law school. Current law students who anticipate earning a J.D. degree by June 2024 and taking the Texas bar exam in the summer of 2024 are eligible to apply.
- Licensed to practice law in Texas, or the ability to become licensed in Texas within three months of the position start date in August 2024.
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest or pro bono legal work.
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- Preference given to graduates of the University of Texas School of Law.
Interested applicants are invited to upload a letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, and a list of 3 references through the online application portal.