Coco Sprague Gille is an assistant public defender at the Shelby County Public Defender in Memphis, Tennessee. She began her work there as a fellow, funded by a Texas Law Gideon’s Promise Fellowship. At Texas Law, Coco participated in the Juvenile Justice Clinic and Criminal Defense Clinic, and was active in the Women’s Law Caucus and Student Bar Association. She interned with the Federal Public Defender in Houston, the Brennan Center for Justice in New York, and Capital Area Private Defender Services in Austin.
- 2016 Whitehurst Public Interest Summer Fellows
- Eight members of the class of 2017 receive Graduating Student Awards
- Graduating Students Receive Texas Law Gideon's Promise Fellowships for 2017-18
- Texas Law Graduates Receive Prestigious Public Service Fellowships
- Launching public defenders through Texas Law Gideon's Promise Fellowships