Kiah DeBolt is a staff attorney with Texas RioGrande Legal Aid's family law team in its Austin office. Immediately after law school, she worked with the Safe Alliance (SAFE) in Austin, assisting survivors of child abuse and neglect, sexual assault, domestic violence, and commercial exploitation. Her work was funded by a two-year 4Girls Foundation Postgraduate Fellowship in Law.
At Texas Law, DeBolt participated in the Environmental Clinic and a broad range of activities through the Mithoff Pro Bono Program, including special education community education, supported decision making clinics, Youth Court, the Expunction Project, and interviews for the Texas Appleseed School to Prison Pipeline Project. She was active in the Thurgood Marshall Legal Society, the Texas Law Disability Alliance, the Environmental Law Society, the Texas Environmental Law Journal, and the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund. She interned in Austin with Disability Rights Texas; Texas RioGrande Legal Aid, where she focused on environmental justice and fair housing matters; and Texas Appleseed’s Natural Disaster Recovery and Fair Housing Project.
- Students receive 2017 G. Rollie White Trust Public Interest Summer Fellowships
- 4Girls Foundation Postgraduate Fellowship to fund Kiah DeBolt ’19 to work at The Safe Alliance
- Eight members of the class of 2019 receive Graduating Student Awards
- National Association of Women Judges’ Access to Justice Scholarship Awarded to Kiah DeBolt, ‘19
- Six Students Awarded 2019 Texas Law Postgraduate Public Interest Fellowships