The Law Alumni Association presents four awards annually, recognizing the outstanding achievements of Texas Law graduates. The Executive Committee selects the award recipients at its spring meeting, choosing from nominations submitted by our alumni community. Award presentations are made each fall at a gala dinner in Austin.
The honorees for the 2017 Alumni Association Awards will be:
- Lifetime Achievement: Frank Denius ’49
- Outstanding Alumna: JoAnn Lee ’83
- Distinguished Alumna for Community Service: Janiece Longoria ’79
- Outstanding Young Alumnus: Daniel Hodge ’04
In addition, Dean Ward Farnsworth will honor two alumni:
- The Honorary Order of the Coif will be presented to Ben Donnell ’61
- The Dean’s Distinguished Service Award for Achievement in Trial Advocacy will be presented to Kenneth Tekell, Sr. ’63
Please read all about the 2017 honorees on the law school news site.
In anticipation of the 2017 Awards Ceremony, to be held this October in Austin, please enjoy these video tributes to our 2016 awardees:
Recognizing a graduate who has had a distinguished career and has brought honor to The University Texas School of Law. See a full list of past recipients.
Honoring a graduate who has made outstanding contributions to his or her chosen profession and to society as a whole. See a full list of past recipients.
Distinguished Alumnus for Community Service
Honoring an outstanding graduate who has made exemplary contributions in public, pro bono and/or community service. See a full list of past recipients.
Honorary Order of the Coif
This award is chosen and presented by the Dean, acknowledging an alumnus of exceptional merit and extraordinary achievement in his or her career. See a full list of past recipients.