Become an affiliated graduate student
Over 60 graduate students from fields as diverse as anthropology, architecture, social work, government, and theater and dance are affiliated with the Rapoport Center. Each year, we invite more UT graduate students whose research relates to human rights and/or social justice to join the Graduate Affiliate group. All approaches to human rights and methodologies are welcome.
Our graduate student affiliate program offers the opportunity to:
- Meet and network with graduate students and faculty from across UT working on human rights and social justice;
- Present your work in progress in an informal setting (our most recent presentation line-up can be found here);
- Participate in interdisciplinary working groups and reading groups on topics proposed by affiliated faculty;
- Receive information about grants, fellowships, and other opportunities offered by the Rapoport Center and other institutions; and
- Have your profile appear on our website.
Graduate Affiliates are expected to be actively involved in the work of the Center and to attend at least two events per semester.
"Without reservation, the Graduate Affiliate Program has been one of the most inspiring experiences that I have had on the UT campus. Not only did we discuss complex human rights issues with incredible breadth and depth, but we did it at a scale that invites real interdisciplinary discussion and insight."
- Betsy Frederick-Rothwell
If you are interested in affiliating with us, please complete the short application form below. Please note that if you are already affiliated with the Rapoport Center, there is no need for you to complete this form a second time.
Please complete the application form here. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-232-4857