As a center for human rights and social justice, we stand in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement in the local, national, and global struggle against the brutal and ongoing forms of inequality and injustice produced and sustained by racial capitalism. We recognize that pervasive and persistent anti-Blackness prevents the possibility of the achievement of human rights and justice, and we mourn the tragic loss of Black lives at the hands of those who should protect them. We pledge to increase our programming, research, and advocacy on racial capitalism, its relationship to neocolonialism, and its impact on the present, past, and future of Black life and livelihoods.
As a part of that pledge, some of our current and future work includes:
- Webinar | Legal Empowerment, Jailhouse Lawyering, and Abolition
- Webinar | Quilombola Lives Matter: Forging Transnational Anti-Racisms in the Age of Pandemic
- Research Projects and Institutes on Racial Disparities and COVID-19 Hot-Spots:
- Fall 2020 Colloquium | Inequality, Labor, and Human Rights: The Future of Work in the Age of Pandemic
- Continued Conversations | Prison Abolition, Human Rights and Penal Reform