Application Fee Waiver

A $70 nonrefundable application fee must be paid at the time the electronic application is submitted.  Texas Law grants a limited number of fee waivers based on merit, financial need, military service, or participation in Teach for America, the Peace Corps, or AmeriCorps/VISTA.

We cannot refund your application fee if you apply to us prior to receiving confirmation that a fee waiver has been granted. 

Merit-Based Fee Waiver

To receive a merit-based fee waiver, applicants must first register and opt into LSAC’s Candidate Referral Service (CRS). Beginning September 1 and on a weekly basis, we will query the CRS and reach out to any candidates with information about a fee waiver. Individual requests will not be granted.

Need-based Fee Waiver

Texas Law will waive the electronic application fee for JD Applicants who have been granted an LSAC fee waiver. We encourage you to begin this process early. Once you have obtained an LSAC fee waiver, please submit the documentation below.

Other need-based fee waiver requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.  Please submit your request by completing the Fee Waiver Request below.

AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and Teach for America (TFA) Fee Waiver

We are proud to be a member of the Teach for America (TFA) Graduate School Partnership which entitles corps members and alumni to an application fee waiver upon verification of membership. TFA corps members and alumni, along with AmeriCorps and Peace Corps members and alumni, seeking fee waivers should complete the Fee Waiver Request below and provide a copy of their verification letter.

U.S. Military Fee Waiver

The application fee will also be waived if you have served or are serving in the United States military.  To request the U.S. Military fee waiver based on your military service, please complete the Fee Waiver Request below and provide documentation of your military service (i.e., your DD Form 214 or proof of orders).

***Requests will not be approved if you do not provide your LSAC number. Identifying information is required on all documents. If approved, the fee waiver will be automatically applied to your LSAC account.

Fee Waiver Request