Now in its 20th year, UT Law CLE’s Labor and Employment Law Conference offers two days of timely updates and emerging trends in employment law.
2013 program highlights include:
- Case Law and Legislative Updates: Analysis of significant federal and state employment law developments
- Recent Developments: Regulatory updates from the DOL, EEOC and other federal agencies; NLRB policies impacting unionized and non-union workplaces; emerging disability issues under the ADA; FLSA compliance; whistleblower and retaliation laws; and more
- Impact of Technology on the Workplace: The changing technology landscape and its effect on workplace privacy issues and concerns
- Litigation strategies: Voir dire, witness preparation, attorney’s fees, and employer counterclaims
- Workplace strategies: Managing leave issues, best hiring practices, implementation of the Affordable Care Act, and impact of internal investigations on trials
- Practice Tips: Legal writing for screen reading, dos and don’ts for dealing with the EEOC, and determining the value of your case
- Ethics: “Winning” mediation strategies, ethics and professionalism update for employment attorneys, and hiring candidates with restrictive covenant agreements
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from and interact with employment law experts.
Register at www.utcle.org/conferences/details/conference_annual_id/1065
UT Law Student Registration Information for UT Law CLE Conferences:
UT Law CLE welcomes UT Law students to attend our live conferences. Student registration is limited and may not be available for all conferences. There are (2) options available for students to attend:
• UT Law Student Registration ($75) – can attend all sessions, includes course materials on a USB key and meals
• UT Law Student Attendee (FREE) – can attend all sessions, excludes course materials and meals
Students MUST contact UT Law CLE to either register ($75) or attend at no charge–contact Justin Schaumburg at email@example.com or 512.475.6700.
Full event information: https://law.utexas.edu/calendar/2013/05/16/16625/