- June 14, 2013
- Save to your calendar:
- iCalendar (.ics)
- Four Seasons Hotel - Austin
- Event type:
- CLE Conference
- For more info:
- Share this event:
UT Law's Conference on State and Federal Appeals is the premier conference on appellate practice and procedure in Texas. Now in its 23rd year, the program is designed for advanced-level civil appellate practitioners.
2013 highlights include:
- The annual Texas Supreme Court Panel, with Chief Justice Wallace B. Jefferson and Justices Paul W. Green and Phil W. Johnson
- Justice Nathan L. Hecht, the state's longest-serving member of the judiciary, presents Where We're From, Where We're Headed-A Senior Justice's Perspective
- What's Appealing About the New Dismissal and Expedited Trial Rules?, with Hon. Jane Bland, Hon. William J. Boyce, and Hon. Gregory T. Perkes
- Ward Farnsworth, Dean of The University of Texas School of Law and Reporter for the Restatement Third, Torts: Liability for Economic Harm explains key elements of the Economic Loss Rule
- Hon. Carl E. Stewart, United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, provides insight into the state of the Court for the 2013 fiscal year
Enjoy networking opportunities with fellow colleagues during the conference and with state and federal appellate judges at the traditional Friday Lunch with the Judiciary ($10 additional charge).
Register at www.utcle.org/conferences/details/conference_annual_id/1053
UT Law Student Registration Information for UT Law CLE Conferences:
UT Law CLE welcomes UT Law students to attend our live conferences. Student registration is limited and may not be available for all conferences. There are (2) options available for students to attend:
• UT Law Student Registration ($75) – can attend all sessions, includes course materials on a USB key and meals
• UT Law Student Attendee (FREE) – can attend all sessions, excludes course materials and meals
Students MUST contact UT Law CLE to either register ($75) or attend at no charge–contact Justin Schaumburg at email@example.com or 512.475.6700.
- Specific audiences:
- Texas Law students
- Prospective students
- Texas Law alumni
- General public
- Sponsored by:
- Continuing Legal Education
If you need an accommodation to participate in this event, please contact the sponsor listed above or the Texas Law Special Events Office at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than seven business days prior to the event.