Registration – Add/Drop
Fall 2020 Registration
August 21 – 31
There are two steps in the registration process:
- Determine your appropriate registration, add/drop access period(s) on your Registration Information Sheet
- If it is currently your access time, you may register. To register, use the Online Registration System.
To use the registration system, you need your UT EID and password. Once you enter the registration system, you update your registration record immediately each time the submit button is used. Each registration session is limited to 20 minutes, but you may re-enter the system any time during your access period and pick up where you left off.
The University prohibits the use of proprietary computer programs to register or to add and drop classes. If you use vendor software or other automated systems to add, drop, or register, you can be barred from online registration.
September 1 – 11
Add a class:
- Using the UT Course Schedule, check to make sure the class is still open (not waitlisted or closed).
- Obtain professor permission via email and forward approval, the 5 digit unique number, and your UT EID to email@example.com
- If you want/need to drop a class upon adding this new class, please provide the 5-digit unique number of the class you’d like dropped in your email.
Drop a class:
You do not need professor approval to drop a class during this time. Please complete the Drop Class Request Form online. You will need to complete the form for each class you wish to drop.
All waitlists are closed and it is no longer an option to get on a waitlist. Additionally, there are no further adds from waitlists at this point.