Registration – Add/Drop
Spring 2021 Registration
January 11 – 22, 2021
There are two steps in the registration process:
- Determine your appropriate registration, add/drop access period(s) on your Registration Information Sheet
- If it is currently your access time, you may register. To register, use the Online Registration System.
To use the registration system, you need your UT EID and password. Once you enter the registration system, you update your registration record immediately each time the submit button is used. Each registration session is limited to 20 minutes, but you may re-enter the system any time during your access period and pick up where you left off.
The University prohibits the use of proprietary computer programs to register or to add and drop classes. If you use vendor software or other automated systems to add, drop, or register, you can be barred from online registration.
January 25 – 28, 2021
Complete the web form: https://law.utexas.edu/student-affairs/add-drop-a-class/
- If you want to ADD a class, please make sure it is open by checking the status on the UT Course Schedule (search using your preferred method and if you search by ‘LAW’, be sure to look in both upper-division and graduate levels). If you see ‘open; reserved’, that means there is a seat open and it is reserved for law students.
- If you are already on a waitlist, we will continue to manually shift students into classes from the waitlist should a seat become available.
- If you want to ADD A WAITLISTED CLASS and there are no conflicts with other classes and it would not take you over 16 hours, please use the ‘ADD’ option and we will add you to our internal waitlist.
- If you want to ADD A WAITLISTED CLASS and set up a swap to avoid conflicts or max hour issues, please use the ‘Simultaneous Add/Drop’ option.
- If you want to ADD A NON-LAW CLASS, you will need to contact the department of the class you wish to add directly.
- If you missed the tuition deadline on 1/22 and need to re-register for all classes, please email email@example.com and note there is a $50 late registration fee.
January 29- February 3, 2021
You may drop a course without professor permission until February 3rd. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, EID, unique number, and name of course to drop. These will be considered “delete drops” and won’t show up on your transcript.
With professor permission, you may add a course until February 3rd. Email email@example.com with your name, EID, unique number, and name of course along with an email from the professor approving your request to enroll.
If you’d like to request a simultaneous add/drop, you may submit that request in one email.
Any drop requests after 5:00 p.m. CST on Wednesday, February 3 will result in a grade of Q and there is no refund available. More information for this process is available on the Drop a Course website.
Please let us know if you have any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org