1L Law Firm Application Program
Law firms and corporations who are recruiting 1Ls for summer 2023 may request a resume book specific to their organization that will be available for download on Symplicity at noon (CT) on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.
The 1L Law Firm Application Program allows first-year students to submit your resume and cover letters to participating law firms for summer clerkship opportunities. Applications will be made available to employers on November 1.
You may apply and update your resume and cover letters (if requested) at any time during the bidding period, which will be announced in 2023. See complete instructions.
Please note that some firms may request that you apply via their website in addition to applying through Symplicity. If applying through a firm’s website, please proofread all fields carefully before hitting the submit button. See the list of firms with 2023 Summer and/or Diversity Programs (updated regularly).
The 1L Law Firm Application Program allows firms who are recruiting 1Ls for summer 2023 may request a resume book specific to your organization, which will be available to download from Symplicity on November 1, 2022.
How to Register
Employer registration opens at noon (CT) on Thursday, September 22, and closes at noon (CT) on Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
- Log in to Symplicity. Reminder: Your username is your complete email address.
- Select [Interview Programs] from the toolbar at the top of the screen and then select [Schedule Request].
- Click [Request a Schedule] button.
- From the [Sessions] drop-down menu, select [ 1L Law Firm Application Program 2022].
- You may request a resume and cover letter. Additionally, please note the date by which you would like students to submit applications through your online application portal, if applicable.
You are encouraged to follow up directly with students you are interested in meeting. We kindly request that you suspend recruiting contact from December 5 (this is their last class day and most should not be scheduling interviews at this time) through December 16, 2022 (the last exam date) to accommodate our students’ exam schedules. Fall 1L grades will be released in mid-January 2023.
Please review our Recruiting Policies for Private-Sector Employers for more information on recruiting our first-year students.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Quiroz, OCI Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All times are Central Time (CT) unless otherwise noted.
- Registration Opens:
- September 22, 2022, 12:00 PM
- Registration Closes:
- October 11, 2022, 12:00 PM
- Interview Schedule Available:
- November 01, 2022, 12:00 PM CT