About 60% of Texas Law graduates (c/o 2022) began their careers in law firms, going to work for firms of all sizes in Texas and throughout the country.
Whether you choose litigation or transactional work, you can undoubtedly find the right practice for you.
Texas Law CSO hosts several Interview and Networking Programs throughout the year, and many of the participating employers are law firm employers.
In addition, the CSO hosts the following networking events, mock interview programs, and career exploration panels for 1Ls:
- Mock Interview Program: Private Sector
- Texas Talks: Private Sector
- Texas Connects: NY/CA/DC (additional details available Spring 2024)
- Check the Events page on Symplicity for a list of upcoming programs.
Networking is an important part of any job search. Local, affinity, specialty bar associations provide ample opportunities to network through events and CLEs. Students can usually join bar associations for free or for a heavily reduced rate. To get started, look up bar associations in the city/town/county where you would like to practice.
The Austin Inns of Court provide excellent opportunities for law students to meet and be mentored by local judges and practicing attorneys across a range of fields, and to learn about the American Inns of Court movement. Consider joining one of the Austin Inns of Court (applications usually due May-August-check website for more details).
- Watch this video on how to apply to Small and Midsized Firms
- Texas Law 1L Law Firm Recruiting Program (Spreadsheet)
- List of Firms That Have Hired Texas Law Students (last three years)
- Chambers Associate
- Firm Prospects (available under the Resources tab on Symplicity)
- Martindale.com | How to Use Martindale.com
- NALP Directory of Legal Employers | How to Use the NALP Directory of Legal Employers
- Peer-to-Peer Insights About Law Firms
- Vault Career Library | Vault 150 Under 150 list