Law Alumnus John Harkey ’86 Inducted into McCombs School of Business Hall of Fame
Texas Law alumnus John Harkey, Jr., BBA ’83, JD ’86, has been inducted into the McCombs School of Business Hall of Fame. The honor recognizes Harkey among those in the Texas McCombs community who display exceptional service to education and human betterment and for distinguished contributions to the university and the business community. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame at a ceremony on Nov. 10, 2022.
A private investor, chief executive, and director in both public and private companies, Harkey is the founder of JDH Investment Management, LLC. He also has been an active philanthropist and community leader, having s served on numerous boards of directors. Harkey serves on the Board of Directors of The University of Texas System Chancellor’s Council Executive Committee and the University of Texas Development Board. He is also the Past Chairman of the McCombs School of Business Advisory Board.
Since the McCombs Hall of Fame was established in 1983, Harkey is the tenth Texas Law alumnus to be inducted. Previous law school alumni honored include the following:
- 2020-21: George R. Ackert, BBA ’91, JD ’95
- 2005-06: H. Scott Caven Jr., BBA ’64, LLB ’67
- 2000-01: Daniel C. Arnold, BBA ’51, LLB ’53
- 1999-2000: Robert H. Dedman, BS ’46, LLB ’48, BA ’49
- 1997-98: Michael A. Myers, BBA ’59, LLB ’63
- 1996-97: Jack S. Blanton, BA ’47, LLB ’50
- 1991-92: Eugene Nelson, LLB ’39
- 1987-88: F. Lanier Cox, BBA ’35, LLB ’37
- 1983-84: Hines H. Baker, BA ’17, LLB ’17