Students will help users navigate the website TexasLawHelp.org when they visit the site seeking legal information and resources. By serving as Live Chat representatives, law student volunteers will interact directly with website users to help them locate relevant legal information on the site, as well as referrals to legal resources in their communities. TexasLawHelp.org is a statewide website that provides free and reliable legal information and resources, empowering individuals who cannot afford to hire a lawyer to advocate more effectively for themselves in the legal system. In 2020, TexasLawHelp.org had over 13 million page views.
Texas Legal Services Center
TLSC is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide high quality legal representation, advice, advocacy, and education at no cost to underserved people across the state. With over a dozen practice areas, TLSC’s work touches almost every aspect of civil law that impacts low-income Texans.
- Project Start Date
- Project Time
- 2-4 hours per week
- Approximate hours of work requested
- 2-4 hours per week; students must work a minimum of 2 hours per week and schedule one or more regular shifts between 10am-4pm, Monday-Thursday, or 10am-4pm on Saturdays
- Thursday, September 8, 12pm-1pm (TNH 2.124) lunch provided
- Skills used
- Community education, communication with client population
- Project location
- 1920 East Riverside Drive, Suite A-120 #501, Austin, TX 78741
- Number of student volunteers requested
- Class year preference
- 2L, 3L, LLM
- Required skills
- Spanish helpful but not required
- To Apply
- Register at https://livechat9-8-22.eventbrite.com. Please indicate in your registration when you believe you'd like to schedule your regular shifts.