Mock Interview Program for 1Ls
Each spring the CSO conducts the Mock Interview Program for 1Ls (as well as 2Ls & 3Ls if space permits) to practice interviewing with actual attorneys. Mock interviews provide students with valuable interviewing experience and offer attorneys an opportunity to meet our exceptional students and introduce these students to the legal interviewing process.
- Event Date:
- January 17-19 and 22-23, 2018
- Career Services Interview Suite
Priority is given to 1Ls. If interview slots remain available, the CSO will notify 2Ls and 3Ls that they may register as well. Be sure to sign-up early as interviews are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
How to Schedule a Mock Interview
You must first upload a resume to Symplicity under the [Documents] tab before scheduling a mock interview.
- Log in to Symplicity.
- Click [Interview Programs] and then select [Mock Interview Program 2018] from the [Session] drop-down menu.
- Click the “Review” or “Apply” button to begin the application process.
- Type in the location of the employer you will be mock interviewing; i.e., Latham & Watkins (Houston, TX), put Houston, TX or rank your preferred locations in the “Preferred Locations” box.
- Click the “Apply” button. You’ll now be taken back to the original screen.
- Select the date box (example: Jan. 20) under [Interview Dates] to view the list of available interview slots. If no date box appears, then all interview slots have been taken for that employer.
- Select your interview time and click on the [Signup] button. Please note that your default resume will automatically be attached.
- You will then be redirected to the [Scheduled Interviews] tab where you can view your scheduled mock interview. This will show that you have successfully scheduled a mock interview for that employer.
To review the complete information about an employer including interviewing attorneys (if available), click on the [Review] button next to the employer’s name.
- Scheduling Begins:
- January 04, 2018, 12:00 PM CT
- Scheduling Ends:
- January 09, 2018, 5:00 PM CT
Student response to this program in the past has been overwhelming as they appreciate practicing for the “real thing.” As an employer, you will find that participating in our program is a wonderful way to preview our students as well as increase your recognition on campus. There is no cost to participate in the program.
Students will submit their resumes and schedule their mock interview(s) online. In addition, employers will be able to view student resumes prior to coming on campus. As interviewers will represent his/her actual employer, please be sure to update your employer’s Symplicity profile as students will be researching your organization.
How do we register for Mock Interviews?
- Log in to Symplicity. Reminder: Your user name is your complete email address.
- Select [Interview Programs].
- Select [Schedule Requests].
- Click on the [Request Schedule] button.
- From the [Sessions] drop-down menu, select “Mock Interview Program 2018”.
- Complete the form. Note that the default mode is [Interview].
- Please feel free to make additional scheduling notes in the box provided at the bottom of the form.
- Click the [Submit] button. Schedule requests are processed in the order they are received.
- Registration Opens:
- November 20, 2017, 12:00 PM CT
- Registration Closes:
- January 02, 2018, 12:00 PM CT
- Schedule Available:
- January 10, 2018, 12:00 PM CT