The Fall Interview Program welcomes employers to recruit 2Ls, 3Ls, domestic and foreign-trained LL.M.s, and recent graduates (up to one year after graduation) for summer clerkships or postgraduate positions.
October 2-6, 2023
Career Services Interview Suite and Flo Recruit
Prior to bidding, we encourage you to submit your resume and cover letter for review by a career counselor by sending your materials in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Quiroz at 512-232-1161 or email@example.com.
If you choose to participate in the Fall Interview Program, it is important to keep in mind that this program is just one avenue for conducting your job search.
- Bidding opens on August 24, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. (CT)
- Bidding closes on September 7, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. (CT)
- Cancellation period opens on September 21, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. (CT)
- Cancellation period closes on September 24, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. (CT)
- Interview schedules are available on September 25, 2023
- Fall Interview Program will be held October 2-6, 2023
You may apply and update your materials at any time during the bidding period. Please make sure that you finalize your selections, including rankings, before the bidding period closes.
- Log in to Symplicity .
- Select [Interview Programs], then [Employers/Applications] to select “Fall Interview Program 2023” from the Session list to view the list of employers requesting bids from your class year. You may submit bids for these employers.
- Click the [Review] button next to each employer to review required application materials, information about office locations considering applicants during FIP, and stated hiring criteria.
- To ensure you are considered for the locations and practice areas you are interested in, carefully review the “Additional Requests” and “Hiring Criteria” columns for each employer and, if indicated, follow their specific instructions for including your preferred locations and/or practice areas in your cover letter.
- To apply, click the [Apply] button in the “Bid Details” box to the right of the screen. Pay close attention to this box, as any documents listed are required by this specific employer. For example, if “cover letter” is in this box, and “none found” is to the right, you must return to the [Documents] section and upload a cover letter.
- Note that your “default resume” will be included with each bid. To submit a different resume (or any requested documents) from those uploaded in your “Documents” section, select the appropriate document from the drop-down in the “Bid Details” box.
- The [Preferred Location] box will appear on most applications.
- If the employer is interviewing for only one location, list that location.
- If the employer is listed as interviewing for more than one location, rank the locations in which you are interested in the order of preference.
- If an employer has separate interview schedules for different office locations, submit a bid to each office of interest and indicate preferred office locations on each.
- Employer websites
- Firm Prospects
- NALP Directory of Legal Employers
- Vault Career Library
- LexisNexis Search of Law Firms
- Chambers Associate
- Peer-to-Peer Employer Insights
- Summer Clerkship Evaluations on Symplicity (click on “My Account” and then “Evaluations” to search evaluations submitted by your peers.)
Interview dates are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration opens on March 21, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. (CT)
- Registration closes on August 22, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. (CT).
- Participation fees are due by September 5, 2023.
- Preselects open on September 11, 2023 .
- Resume collects are available on September 11, 2023.
- Preselects are due on September 15, at 12:00 p.m. (CT).
- Interview schedules are available on September 25, 2023.
- Fall Interview Program will be held October 2-6, 2023.
Employer registration opens at 12:00 p.m. (CT) on Tuesday, March 21, and closes on Tuesday, August 22, 2023. Interview dates are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. Resume collection option available.
- Log into Symplicity. Your username is your complete email address.
- Select [Interview Programs] and then [Schedule Request].
- Click [Request a Schedule].
- From the [Sessions] drop-down menu, select [Fall Interview Program 2023]
- Complete the form.
- Please be sure to add your interviewer name(s) in the [Interviewer Name] field. You may have up to five (5) interviewers for each interview.
- Click the [ Submit ] button.
Please see interview program participation fees for more information. If applicable, participation fees are due by September 5, 2023.
- Review the Flo Recruit Guide and be sure to test your connection.
- Watch Flo Recruit’s Virtual Training for Employers (58:31 minutes)