Public Service Career Fair
Hosted annually at Texas Law, the Public Service Career Fair (PSCF) is the largest public service interview program for law students in Texas. During both days of PSCF, public interest and government employers will conduct on-campus interviews for paid and unpaid summer and postgraduate positions. 1Ls, 2Ls, 3Ls, domestic and foreign-trained LL.M.s, and recent graduates (up to one year after graduation) from all Texas law schools are eligible to participate in this program.
- Public Service Table Talk will be held from 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. in the Susman Godfrey Atrium on Thursday, February 6, 2020
- Public Service Happy Hour will be held from 4:00-6:00 p.m. in the Jamail Pavilion on Thursday, February 6, 2020
- Heather Jarvis: Public Service Loan Forgiveness in Five Easy Steps will be held from 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m. in the Francis Auditorium on Friday, February 7, 2020
For more information, please contact Rachel Quiroz, On-Campus Interview Coordinator, at 512-232-1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event Date:
- February 6-7, 2020
- Career Services Interview Suite
Bidding dates will be announced in November and take place on the Texas Consortium Symplicity Module, which is a different module than the Texas Law Symplicity. See instructions on how to bid/apply to employers.
If you need to cancel an interview, please submit your cancellation online.
- Bidding Begins:
- December 02, 2019, 12:00 PM CT
- Bidding Closes:
- January 10, 2020, 12:00 PM CT
- Scheduling Begins:
- January 24, 2020, 12:00 PM CT
- Scheduling Ends:
- January 27, 2020, 12:00 PM CT
- Alternate Scheduling Begins:
- January 27, 2020, 3:00 PM CT
- Alternate Scheduling Ends:
- January 28, 2020, 3:00 PM CT
- Schedule Released:
- January 30, 2020, 12:00 PM
To participate, please complete the online registration form. Interview dates are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are up to four ways to participate in the Public Service Career Fair:
- On-Campus Interviews on Thursday-Friday, February 6-7, 2020
On-campus interviews are available Thursday, February 6, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Friday, February 7, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:20 p.m. Students will submit requested application materials online for you to review and select interviewees prior to your interviews.
- Virtual Interviews on Thursday-Friday, February 6-7, 2020
Virtual interviews are also available. You may choose to participate via videoconference or Zoom. Students will submit requested application materials online for you to review and select interviewees prior to your interviews.
- Public Service Table Talk on Thursday, February 6, 2020
Employers may host informational tables as part of Public Service Talk Talk, which will be held in the University of Texas School of Law’s Susman Godfrey Atrium from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. You may participate in Table Talk either in addition to or in lieu of conducting on-campus or virtual interviews.
- Public Service Happy Hour from 4:00-6:00 p.m. on Thursday, February 6, 2020
Public Service practitioners and students are invited to an informal happy hour event at the Law School. Sponsored by the Career Services Office and the William Wayne Justice Center for Public Interest Law.
- Resume Collect
If you are unable to participate in person, you may solicit application materials as part of our Resume Collect and follow up with students on your own. Your requested application materials will be sent to you in early January.
Texas Law will handle creating your interview schedule(s), Table Talk registration, and/or resume collect on the Texas Law Consortium Symplicity module.
- Registration Opens:
- October 15, 2019, 12:00 PM CT
- Registration Closes:
- November 11, 2019, 12:00 PM CT
- Preselects Open:
- January 14, 2020, 12:00 PM CT
- Preselects Due:
- January 21, 2020, 12:00 PM CT
- Schedule Available:
- January 30, 2020, 12:00 PM CT