The CSO hosts a public-sector Mock Interview Program (government, public interest, and public defense) each year to introduce 1Ls to the legal interviewing process. It also affords attorneys an opportunity to meet our exceptional students. Depending on availability, 2L and 3Ls may also participate in this program.
November 3, 2023
Career Services Interview Suite & Flo Recruit
Practice interviews and attorney feedback are invaluable to our students, preparing them technically and instilling confidence as they embark on their 1L interview season.
Each mock interview will be 20-minutes in length followed by a 10-minute review.
If you have any questions, please contact Rachel Quiroz at 512-232-1161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to sign up early as interviews are available on a first-come, first-served basis. You are limited to two mock interviews at first. If additional slots are available after the initial sign-up period, you will be allowed to schedule a third mock interview.
- Dress professionally as you would for a real interview on the day of your mock interview.
- Please review the Interviewing Policy.
- If you need to cancel a mock interview, please submit your cancellation online.
- Coming soon
- You must first upload your resume to Symplicity under the [Documents] tab before scheduling a mock interview. Be sure it is your default resume.
- Grades are not a consideration for a mock interview.
- When scheduling interviews, please avoid class conflicts.
- Log in to Symplicity.
- Click [Interview Programs] and then select [Mock Interview Program: Public Sector 2023] from the [Session] drop-down menu.
- Click the “Review” button (ignore the “Apply” button) to review complete information about an employer, including interviewing attorneys (if available), and to schedule.
- Select the date box (example: Nov. 1) under [Interview Dates] to view the list of available interview slots.
- If no date box appears, then all interview slots have been taken for that employer.
- Select your interview time and click on the [Signup] button to ensure your mock interview slot is reserved. Please note that your default resume will automatically be attached.
- Please check the [Scheduled Interviews] tab to view your scheduled interview(s). This will show that you have successfully scheduled a mock interview.
Student response to this program in the past has been overwhelming as they appreciate practicing for the “real thing.” As an employer, you will find that participating in our program is a wonderful way to meet our students and help prepare them for real interviews, as well as increase your recognition on campus.
There is no cost to participate in the program.
Students will submit their resumes and schedule their mock interview(s) online. Employers will then be able to review student resumes prior to their interview day. As interviewers will represent their actual employer, please be sure to update your employer’s Symplicity profile as students will be researching your organization.
Space is limited to 15 employer schedules per day. Each office is limited to one schedule for this event. Interviews will be scheduled in Central Time.
- Registration opens Tuesday, September 12, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (CT)
- Registration closes Thursday, October 12, 2023 at 12:00 p.m. (CT)
- Schedules available on Thursday, October 26, 2023
- Log into Symplicity. Your username is your complete email address.
- Select [Interview Programs] and then [Schedule Request].
- Click [Request a Schedule].
- From the [Sessions] drop-down menu, select [Mock Interview Program: Public Sector 2023]
- Complete the form. If you would like to participate virtually, please indicate so in the [Scheduling Notes] field.
- Please be sure to add your interviewer name(s) in the [Interviewer Name] field.
- Click the [Submit] button.
- If participating in virtual interviews, please review the Flo Recruit Guide and be sure to test your connection.
- Watch Flo Recruit’s Virtual Training for Employers (58:31 minutes)