The School of Law Dean’s Office recognizes the many valuable and varied contributions that staff make to support and enhance our mission to prepare students for great careers at the highest levels of the legal profession and public affairs. Texas Law staff are the foundation upon which many of these objectives are achieved, and a continued investment in the professional development of our staff will deepen our ability to accomplish our core mission, while also significantly enhancing the personal and professional lives of the staff who serve the school.
All full-time administrative and professional (A&P) and classified staff who have completed at least six months of uninterrupted service to Texas Law, and who are not on any performance improvement plans, may apply.
Funding can support professional development in the following areas:
• Workshops/training programs
• Conference attendance
• Professional presentations and/or publications
• Service in professional associations and organizations
Acceptable fund uses include, but are not limited to:
• Registration fees
• Membership dues
• Study materials and prep courses
• Travel, within existing university guidelines, for associated professional presentations or conference attendance
Unacceptable fund uses include, but are not limited to:
• Any expense or activity that is prohibited by university policies and procedures
• Activities that would prevent you from performing the essential duties of your job
• Payments to obtain certificates/diplomas/degrees; payments for testing fees and/or travel to testing sites
Applications will be collected online by the posted deadline of July 15. Awards will be issued by the start of the Fall semester.
Application Review Process
All applications will be considered for funding by the Staff Professional Development Committee. Awards will be based on the following:
• How the proposed request will directly impact the applicant’s professional development
• Number of prior awards made to the applicant, with preference given to first-time applicants
• Availability of funds
Award Decisions and Distribution of Funds
All awards are dependent on funds availability, complete application submissions, and a review by the award committee. The submission of an application does not imply any guarantee of funding. Funds will be disbursed as either a reimbursement (once evidence of activity completion has been submitted) or paid directly as registration/enrollment when appropriate. Applicant is responsible for showing evidence of successful completion of the proposed activity.