For groups planning their events independently, we have provided a general checklist to serve as your guide. We suggest you complete the following steps in sequential order:
- To request a space in the Law School for your event, please use the links provided on the Texas Law Rooms system.
- Please submit a Special Events Service Request form to request assistance with room setup, catering and work orders (unlock/locks; custodial).
- If food will be served, decide on a caterer.
- Contact the caterer 5 days before your event and provide the caterer with your name, phone number, email, Law School address, name of your organization, and a Tax Exempt form. It is best to have the food delivered 30 minutes before the start of the event. Please be sure to let them know that you are ordering apart from the Special Events Office. Contact Special Events Office for caterer suggestions.
- Ensure the delivery driver has your onsite contact information. This way, they can contact you if any last-minute issues arise.
- Ensure no taxes are included on your final invoice and process payment .
Once your event is finished: remove all trash from the room. (Be sure to request a trashcan when you reserve the room, some areas will require a work order to clean after the event).